• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting to a Romanian Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting to a Romanian Company

Hi All,

Nice to e-meet you all. I have a question for you all, I am just negotiating a contracting position for a Romanian Company, we have a retention rate and bonuses, that bit is fine, I will file my return by 31st January 2019. As a self employed contractor and not a limited company am I right in saying there is no need for the company to withhold 12.5% as they would under IR35 if I were a limited company?

Sorry if this is a dumb question I have never contracted before and it's only for 5 months.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Welcome to Contractor UK!

I've moved your thread to the Business/Contracts section, hopefully you'll get better responses here.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If its only for 5 months why not use an umbrella?

Claiming self employment could get you to end up in a whole heap of trouble.

Comment

Self employment

Is that the same even if by 31st January 2019 everything is declared and paid for PAYE through self assessment.

Comment

Working...
        X