• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My First Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Contract

Hello all,

Let me introduce myself and give you an idea of what I do.

The names Sam, I'm a 21 year old IT contracter based in the heart of London, I've recently taken up my first contract role (I've got 4 years of permanent based experience in the same industry).

The reason for me writing here is just for advice on what I should be aware of. Firstly, I'm using ClearSky, I've set up my own company and am paying them to do my taxes etc for me. Do any of you lovely people use ClearSky at all?

I appreciate any info/advice/help that you could provide me!

Cheers

Nobody answer the newbie. Doh, too late.
    Heard of them but don't use personally. Good luck in your contracting career. Save the pennies and by 40 you could be retire, unlike many of these old contractors who'll probably be pimps bi**hes still going into their 60's (pimp = agent btw).
    Hope you've got yourself a decent rate. 21, first contract and London sets off alarm bells in my head. If not, at least you're starting young so can build up to it - getting that contracting experience is great .

Comment

Do you have a specific question about clear sky? Not sure what you're asking for. If you just want a show of hands, I think the lack of responses gives you that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Do you have a specific question about clear sky? Not sure what you're asking for. If you just want a show of hands, I think the lack of responses gives you that.
        The OP doesn't know what to ask.

OP: read the guides to your right ----->

There's even a link for First Timers

When you've done that, you might know what to ask...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonkey View Post
          Hello all,
          I appreciate any info/advice/help that you could provide me!

Cheers
          Stay away from NLUK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
            Stay away from NLUK.
            :sly:
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Bee View Post
              Stay away from NLUK.
              But I can't tell him to go permie then....
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Hello

Yes, I've used Clearsky for a few years now. Does what it says on the tin and had no problems. Could possibly find a cheaper option but to be honest, I'm not that bothered.

Advice - Treat contracting as something other than making money. It's about gaining experience, variety of work, meeting new people, building up contacts etc. Enjoy and good luck
                We got the Oystons out like we said we would

Comment

Originally posted by Hertsseasider View Post
                  Hello

Yes, I've used Clearsky for a few years now. Does what it says on the tin and had no problems. Could possibly find a cheaper option but to be honest, I'm not that bothered.

Advice - Treat contracting as something additional to making money. It's about gaining experience, variety of work, meeting new people, building up contacts etc. Enjoy and good luck
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    FTFY
                    Yeah, you can get those other things without being a contractor. They are additions to the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X