• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hireright screening

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been through Hireright before. It was actually painless.

From what I remember, they contacted two professional references and asked a few basic questions like

What was the working relationship you had with this person?
    Length of time worked with?
    How would you describe his interpersonal skills?
    What would you say motivated the individual most?
    What would you say are his strongest attributes?
    Would you rehire/recommend for rehire?

They also called up the Uni to verify the degree, also called the personal reference for a character reference.

They also did a passport check and criminal record check.

I would suggest that you go through with it, your gaps will not be an issue.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      I have been through Hireright before. It was actually painless.

From what I remember, they contacted two professional references and asked a few basic questions like

What was the working relationship you had with this person?
      Length of time worked with?
      How would you describe his interpersonal skills?
      What would you say motivated the individual most?
      What would you say are his strongest attributes?
      Would you rehire/recommend for rehire?

They also called up the Uni to verify the degree, also called the personal reference for a character reference.

They also did a passport check and criminal record check.

I would suggest that you go through with it, your gaps will not be an issue.
      Many of the places I've worked at would refuse to answer the bolded bit. They'd push references to HR who would give the standard 'I can confirm that Mr b0redom worked here between xxx and yyy. All of those questions are completely subjective and open to either a positive or negative bias.
      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
        Many of the places I've worked at would refuse to answer the bolded bit. They'd push references to HR who would give the standard 'I can confirm that Mr b0redom worked here between xxx and yyy. All of those questions are completely subjective and open to either a positive or negative bias.

This was for a permie gig a while ago, I think for contract roles, it might just be HR confirming the employment dates.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

I've had to do this twice, the second time round I just sent them 3 years of bank statements and left them to their devices to conclude about gaps or changes in employment, do you think they actually bothered to read through all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
            I've had to do this twice, the second time round I just sent them 3 years of bank statements and left them to their devices to conclude about gaps or changes in employment, do you think they actually bothered to read through all of them?
            I feel uncomfortable sending one, unless I was going through finance checks.
            If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
              I feel uncomfortable sending one, unless I was going through finance checks.
              just do it. I did a few years ago for current gig in financial. It's very common as they outsource and it's good for compliance etc. If you refuse you won't get the gig. Up to you. I had to send 3 years bank stats which I worried about as I'd quoted current rate at +10% to get a raise. I needn't have worried - they just wanted to make sure the current gig at the time was actually paying me (they refused to just call the guy). Don't let it stress you out - just smile and give them what they want - they are only checking boxes.

Comment

I'd probably refuse - it's for a contract. A permie role is different, but if a client takes on a contractor and they turn out out to be duff then they will just terminate.

If for some reason I did accept the process they'd get contract dates and agency contacts same as I do for security clearance. End client is none of their business.
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

I have gone though similar vetting few years ago with staffvetting, they also got another company Novarisk. Bit painful process but something we can't avoid. In that case It took nearly a month after me joining the contract to complete the process. So not sure what's point of having their vetting. I mostly given agencies as references, their HRs will deal with them.

There were gaps between contracts but but never created any trouble.

Staffvetting.com – The UK's Leading Quality Provider of Staff Vetting Services
                  CRB Checks > Enhanced, Standard and Basic CRB Checks

Comment

I would refuse based on OP's description of what they are asking for. Happy to provide references and dates for previous roles/university degrees/any certifications claimed. But I will not provide any explanation of what I do with my time outside of my contracting life.

Additionally I would feed the above back to the agency and ask them to feed this back to the client. We need to stand up to this sort of bollocks or they will starting creeping up on us.

Comment

Originally posted by theroyale View Post
                      We need to stand up to this sort of bollocks or they will starting creeping up on us.
                      Very few will stand up. Hence I advise the OP to do as required.

Comment

Working...
                      X