• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car hire while contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Roadster seems a bit cheap to me. Must be a Cat D.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      That Roadster seems a bit cheap to me. Must be a Cat D.
      The Renesis rotary engine in the RX-8 often needs a rebuild after around 60-80k miles. Look it up. Budget more than you paid for the car for the rebuild. They also have other chronic issues and very poor fuel economy. Walk away from that one.

Comment

The 4 cylinder BMW engines have known problems too. Find a straight 6 instead.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
          The 4 cylinder BMW engines have known problems too. Find a straight 6 instead.
          Nope. Nikasil engines in pre 2000 BM's are ones to avoid. N47 engines in 2009 to around 2013 can cause problems if not BMW dealer maintained to the correct service intervals.

Had an E46 diesel that I ran for over 200,000 miles before I sold it, still on the road as well.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
            Nope. Nikasil engines in pre 2000 BM's are ones to avoid.
            The link was to a 98 S plate 1.9 Z3??

Comment

Plus find a 6 pot anyway as the 4 pot is boring af.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
                The Renesis rotary engine in the RX-8 often needs a rebuild after around 60-80k miles. Look it up. Budget more than you paid for the car for the rebuild. They also have other chronic issues and very poor fuel economy. Walk away from that one.
                I was just throwing it in there as an option.
                I test drove one once, the garage gave me the keys and said “bring it back when the fuel light comes on. It was just over 1/4 full, so I thought I was in for a good 50-80 miles.
                15 miles later, back at the garage.

Chose a more reliable, better looking, more economical Alfa Brera instead.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X