• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car hire while contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If that's the case I'd be buying a couple of hundred quid banger that you won't worry about over the weekend. At very worst it packs up at some point and you are a few hundred quid down..
    Seriously leaning towards that, NL. I only need something to get me moving a few miles a day. Gig offers free parking and there are some really lovely motors my banger would look great next to.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
      Seriously leaning towards that, NL. I only need something to get me moving a few miles a day. Gig offers free parking and there are some really lovely motors my banger would look great next to.
      Got to be something with a different coloured wing or door for the win. Ideally unpainted.

Or better still...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Elliegirl View Post
        Not mine then. :-)

There's an influx of 67 plate cars in the car park(s) at my Swindon gig.

Contractors, without a doubt ...

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
          Not mine then. :-)

There's an influx of 67 plate cars in the car park(s) at my Swindon gig.

Contractors, without a doubt ...
          All those people getting rid of their diesels.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Are you training it to Swindon?
            Just wondering if a moped might be a solution - easier through traffic, no problem parking, etc
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Just wondering if a moped might be a solution - easier through traffic, no problem parking, etc
              Plus a good chain to stop it being stolen. Not a piece of tulip one of my neighbours uses which is worse than what I use on my cheap bike.
              Last edited by SueEllen; 26 September 2017, 10:01.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...?atmobcid=soc3
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I've hired a car with unlimited mileage for a single day where I've had a big round trip. 500 miles at 45p per mile and no mileage on your car. Although, I can't quite remember how I did the accounting, as it was many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Got to be something with a different coloured wing or door for the win. Ideally unpainted.

Or better still...

I had one of these. You have no idea how irritating is it to get stopped by the police for speeding every five minutes.
                    Last edited by Elliegirl; 26 September 2017, 20:20.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I have thought about it. It would actually be the perfect solution. The only thing that put me off was the prospect of hat hair, or helmet hair to be more precise. Also falling off the moped. Lord knows why I think I'd fall off it. I'll probably take one for a test run next time I'm in London.

Comment

Working...
                      X