• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used Brookson one, parasol, danbro, 6cats int, jsa, payme or orangegenie ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
    Associates pay, Accredited pass through audit.
    From How to Join - FCSA

The cost of full FCSA Accredited Membership is dependent on the size of your business and the number of models you operate.**Fees for membership and the compliance review start at £10,000.

That's a lot of umbrella fees there - and given how little time it took me to find the above it would have been better to be up front and honest.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Parasol were good when I used them when I started contracting but I've heard they've faded somewhat. Lucy from ContractorUmbrella posts on here so will be able to provide you with a better response than we can. In theory, barring the fees which won't vary a lot, the pay should be the same, so it's the service and advice that matters.

Looking back, I wish I'd gone limited company straight away though. Sorry Lucy!
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        From How to Join - FCSA

The cost of full FCSA Accredited Membership is dependent on the size of your business and the number of models you operate.**Fees for membership and the compliance review start at £10,000.

That's a lot of umbrella fees there - and given how little time it took me to find the above it would have been better to be up front and honest.
        I copied and pasted the link in the first place, so struggle to see what I was hiding?? Just stressing the fact that we're audited regardless of what we pay. We follow a strict code of conduct and feel its important for people to be aware.

Anyhow, it means the agencies we work with and contractors we employ can sleep easy at night.

Comment

Other activity the FCSA carry out:

Meet regularly with HMRC, all FCSA concerns are now fast tracked as priority. The abundance of loan schemes in the market and the one man band Umbrellas, very popular in the healthcare sector, poor nurses are being promised +95% take home. We're fighting their battle trying to clean up the industry.

Agencies are also choosing to go with FCSA Accredited only PSLs, this gives them the comfort service is being delivered to a compliant standard and nothing dodgy going on in the background. Also helps support the continuity of employment for you guys across different agencies.

It's important this message is told, there is a lot of unpaid work being carried out by Umbrellas through the FCSA.

Comment

I need an advise on Umbrella companies. Any help will be appreciated

I have been spending time reading through the contractor uk forums, I thought why not to send my question here rather than searching for the answer I am looking for.

so I am awarded with 6 months contract and I need to either form my limited company or go with an umbrella service. I heard absolutely nothing good about going with the umbrella service, however that was my initial thought so I won't have to deal with hmrc related works, but i changed my mind and I will probably set up my limited. During the first week of my contract, I will get the firm which I set up my limited company to run an IR35 review so if I am inside, I can switch to umbrella for free since I wont be earning money under a month. My options are to choose one from of the companies which are in the preferred supplier list of my Agency;

Paystream
            parasol
            Danbro
            Brookson one
            Giant
            Orange genie
            JSA

I heard very good things about paystream and Giant seems to won a lot of award but in the forums people made negative comments about it.

Is it a good option to set up Limited company rather than choosing umbrella ?

Which company is good to go with ?

thanks

Comment

you have been given a choice of trying to find the best of a bad bunch. having been forced to use most of those I cannot really recommend any of them.

I can guess the agency, looking at that list, and you will find that some of them are actually the same company using different names.

Comment

On that list orange genie but only because I haven’t heard bad things about them.

If the agency is hays contractor umbrella is approved by them but not explicitly announced. If you want to give Lucy a call there and she may be able to persuade the agency to allow you to use them.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post
                  During the first week of my contract, I will get the firm which I set up my limited company to run an IR35 review
                  It's a bit late then though isn't it? You can get the contract reviewed before it's signed, and that way you may be able to negotiate out any clauses which are problematic from an IR35 perspective. Obviously, your working practices should be considered too, but getting the contract reviewed before it's signed should be your first step.

BTW, if it is hays, I've no idea how their contracts fare in this regard.

Comment

I have been spending time reading through the contractor uk forums, I thought why not to send my question here rather than searching for the answer I am looking for.
                    Because it's a little lazy and because it's been asked a few times people won't bother responding?

If you've read the forums you'll know it's ADVICE you need and you will have posted this in the right part of the forum..

I think I need coffee...

EDIT : https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbr...angegenie.html
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

so I am awarded with 6 months contract and I need to either form my limited company or go with an umbrella service. I heard absolutely nothing good about going with the umbrella service, however that was my initial thought so I won't have to deal with hmrc related works, but i changed my mind and I will probably set up my limited. During the first week of my contract, I will get the firm which I set up my limited company to run an IR35 review so if I am inside, I can switch to umbrella for free since I wont be earning money under a month. My options are to choose one from of the companies which are in the preferred supplier list of my Agency;

Paystream
                      parasol
                      Danbro
                      Brookson one
                      Giant
                      Orange genie
                      JSA

I heard very good things about paystream and Giant seems to won a lot of award but in the forums people made negative comments about it.

Is it a good option to set up Limited company rather than choosing umbrella ?

Which company is good to go with ?

thanks
                      I am currently using Paystream (contractorumbrella wasn't an option for me) and so far faultless since mid august.

Comment

Working...
                      X