• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone used Brookson one, parasol, danbro, 6cats int, jsa, payme or orangegenie ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aeroeng View Post
    Is it a good option to set up Limited company rather than choosing umbrella ?
    Are you legally able to set up a UK company?
    When does your contract start?
    Why did you not like the answers we gave you the last time?

I've merged your previous thread with this one to save people repeating themselves.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gables View Post
      I am currently using Paystream (contractorumbrella wasn't an option for me) and so far faultless since mid august.
      And you're definitely paying the correct level of PAYE and NICs...?

Might seem a daft thing to ask, but a lot of ex-scheme users didn't know they were being fleeced until the bills started arriving. And I've no reason to doubt Paystream of course.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        And you're definitely paying the correct level of PAYE and NICs...?

Might seem a daft thing to ask, but a lot of ex-scheme users didn't know they were being fleeced until the bills started arriving. And I've no reason to doubt Paystream of course.
        Yes, confirmed by my own calculations (I run my own payroll when working through my Ltd), Lucy's calculator spewed out similar numbers (different due to fee) and of course I asked my accountant

Comment

I am currently using Paystream (contractorumbrella wasn't an option for me) and so far faultless since mid august.
          And yet I am still having grief despite having ditched them last month. Dealing with them is almost a full time job, arse and elbow springs to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            What have you found out so far?
            6cats int kinda unknown by many contractors. I couldn't find a lot. also their margin is low as 6 quid. Brookson one sounds promising but I heard a lot of bad reviews about them, from old dates and recent dates as sept october 2017. Paystream sounds convincing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Be very careful if they insist you use a specific umbrella. It probably means they are getting a kick back.

As WTFH says, use Contractor Umbrella.
              They do insist. But they also said if I have already had an agreement with a company which is not in their list, they can stretch the rules but they strongly recommend to use the ones in their list. If I have flexiblity to be outside of their list, I would set up limited company in my country where tax rate is much lower. But in legal perspective I don't know how advantegous it will be to work in UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                you have been given a choice of trying to find the best of a bad bunch. having been forced to use most of those I cannot really recommend any of them.

I can guess the agency, looking at that list, and you will find that some of them are actually the same company using different names.
                Giant and paystream really stands out but comparing both I found paystream much better I havent heard single bad review, and they won awards consecutive years.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  On that list orange genie but only because I haven’t heard bad things about them.

If the agency is hays contractor umbrella is approved by them but not explicitly announced. If you want to give Lucy a call there and she may be able to persuade the agency to allow you to use them.

Orange genie received a lot of bad reviews. that's what I came across even in here or in other websites.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    It's a bit late then though isn't it? You can get the contract reviewed before it's signed, and that way you may be able to negotiate out any clauses which are problematic from an IR35 perspective. Obviously, your working practices should be considered too, but getting the contract reviewed before it's signed should be your first step.

BTW, if it is hays, I've no idea how their contracts fare in this regard.
                    I didn't speak this with my agency (no it is not hays), but paystream told me I can start off with limited company, and since i won't be making any profit in first few days, they can do ir35 check in a day and tell me if i am in or out. I can close it for free and immediately switch to umbrella. Ofcourse as you said it is better to do it before starting, but there are some working practices i am not too sure, which I believe I will learn at the work like overtimes, working at weekends, offsite jobs..etc. So far I have been told I am outside of IR35, but they just asked 2-3 questions. That didn't really persuaded me a lot. I did online test and it resulted inside.. well i can't really trust on online test too can I ?

Comment

I am considering paystream too. r u using umbrella service or PSC ?

Comment

Working...
                      X