• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

interviews ...what is happening!?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

interviews ...what is happening!?

Hi Everyone/Contractors,

I do not know your experience about interviews ...but after clients non answering per weeks, recruiters ghosting and even a rec paying me for the whole daily rate for one day in order to complete the code challenge (which usually I do not without having a first screening/interview) I can say I've seen enough.

What about your experience? ...this level of ghosting/super late feedback/paying for code challenge has been always at this level or it is just my feeling everything is getting worse in terms of finding a job?

Cheers!

You need a better understanding of statistics.

You are unlucky.

Comment

Pretty common not getting feedback. The agent is there to make money. If you didn't cut it you aren't going to make them a penny so they will be spending time on those that do. Just part of the game so treat it as standard practice and you won't be disappointed.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, really guys, I do not know ... I might be unlucky or the worst contractor ever.

But, honestly, my feeling is that the game just looks like when Tesla buy their own cars in order to cheat the statistics. Seems the recruiting game is turning to be an end in itself.

I mean, when a recruiter is willing to pay you the time in order to complete a code challenge so, well, that's really the cherry on the top!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You need a better understanding of statistics.

You are unlucky.
          Or tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by flavios View Post
            I might be unlucky or the worst contractor ever.
            No need to worry there. PC has that one covered by a country mile.

Comment

No, really guys, I do not know ... I might be unlucky or the worst contractor ever.

But, honestly, my feeling is that the game just looks like when Tesla buy their own cars in order to cheat the statistics. Seems the recruiting game is turning to be an end in itself.

I mean, when a recruiter is willing to pay you the time in order to complete a code challenge so, well, that's really the cherry on the top!
              I used to work in after-sales systems for luxury cars. They are all at buying their own cars.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                No need to worry there. PC has that one covered by a country mile.
                He speaks very highly of you.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  He speaks very highly of you.....

So NLUK knows how I am as a contractor based solely on posts on a crap forum :-)

Can we have a bellend smiley?
                  Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

That sounds like a dysfunctional market indeed.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X