• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First contract - few questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First contract - few questions

Dear All,

I was going to sign my first contract, but while they send me the agreement I rejected it.
    Due to some points there which I found unacceptable.

Place of work was Zurich. Agreed gross daily rate was about 4XX CHF. Few of those points are:

1. Gross payment which is written in the contract itself is far below this one that we were discussing in the beginning. It was written there as about 2XX gross which is about twice as low as we agreed. Umbrella company is stating that rest of the agreed daily rate will be paid via allowances (company, holiday, sickness). but this is not specified anywhere in the contract.
    2. First salary is paid 30 days after first working month. This means that in first two months I will receive nothing.
    3. There is nowhere written in this contract which is the real client which I will work for.

Please advise if this is normal approach or it is suspicious. Thank you!

Originally posted by VLD62 View Post
    Dear All,

I was going to sign my first contract, but while they send me the agreement I rejected it.
    Due to some points there which I found unacceptable.

Place of work was Zurich. Agreed gross daily rate was about 4XX CHF. Few of those points are:

1. Gross payment which is written in the contract itself is far below this one that we were discussing in the beginning. It was written there as about 2XX gross which is about twice as low as we agreed. Umbrella company is stating that rest of the agreed daily rate will be paid via allowances (company, holiday, sickness). but this is not specified anywhere in the contract.
    2. First salary is paid 30 days after first working month. This means that in first two months I will receive nothing.
    3. There is nowhere written in this contract which is the real client which I will work for.

Please advise if this is normal approach or it is suspicious. Thank you!
    It's zurich at a rate that is beneath poverty. Keep as far away as possible....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Personally I don't tend to believe anything to do with money that isn't written down formally and even then ...

Comment

Originally posted by VLD62 View Post

Your contract with your client and contract with your umbrella are two different things. Your umbrellas' T&C's won't be in the contract with the client.
        Not uncommon. Not very good granted but not unheard of. If you were direct with a client it could be up to 90 days.
        That's pretty normal in a contract as the contract is between you and the agent. You have no relationship with the end client but it does seem a bit odd the client isn't mentioned in other paperwork, or is it?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Actually I don't have other paperwork than this contract. Another thing which is strange for me is that other party in the contract is not the umbrella itself but some completely different company.

Comment

General contract advice
            • never sign anything until you agree with, or at least accept the implications of, its contents.
            • Don't start without a signed contract

So if there are items you don't understand, keep asking for clarification and get the contract reviewed independently.

Comment

Working...
            X