• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment Platforms Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment Platforms Advice

Hi,

I am hoping to open not one but three stocks and shares investments: a stocks and shares ISA, a normal investment account and a SIPP with the aim that all my dividends drawn up to higher tax rate go into the ISA up to it's limit, with the rest going into the regular trading account. Profits retained in the company up to value of 40k will go into a SIPP as company contribution. Most likely using ETF's as I want to be relatively passive. Aside - does this seem like a reasonable strategy ? From what I can tell it is the most tax efficient way at any rate. Open to alternatives. Probably need to double check my understanding of CGT.

After reading around it seems ii / hl / charles stanley are the popular options here. I am also tempted by the Triodos ethical s&s ISA, the investments are in euros which I suspect will do well vs the pound.

Anyway I know all the platforms have their own advantages / sweet spots. What I'd like ideally is to be able to manage all 3 accounts as simply as possible (1 platform?) and preferably pay the least possible. I know some of the platforms above offer all 3 of the products I am interested in but I have been unable to deduce if there's any advantages / disadvantages to using the same platform, or whether it is more prudent to select whichever platform is advantageous to each particular product (Say charles-stanley for SIPP & Triodos for ISA?)

I can't comment on the others but ii shows trading account, ISA and SIPP accounts on the same screen, and you can select which account you go to.
    They have just updated their platform which I am getting used to.
    The £22.50/quarter management fee covers all accounts, so no fee per account, with the exception of the £96 annual SIPP admin fee.
    Also the £22.50/quarter is offset against your trading fees.

Comment

Open a Stocks and Shares ISA (up to 20k I think) via someone like Fidelity/Nutmeg/Hargreaves Lansdown and watch your pot grow!

Get it open before April 5th before you lose this tax year's allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerPalmer View Post
        I can't comment on the others but ii shows trading account, ISA and SIPP accounts on the same screen, and you can select which account you go to.
        They have just updated their platform which I am getting used to.
        The £22.50/quarter management fee covers all accounts, so no fee per account, with the exception of the £96 annual SIPP admin fee.
        Also the £22.50/quarter is offset against your trading fees.
        Thanks that's exactly the answer I was looking for.

From what I can tell ii is the cheapest and has the integrated view of all 3 accounts.
        I will open an account on their platform.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
        X