• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency did not pay for the work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this at all related to your last thread where you said there was a delay in starting your contract?

Is it this same contract?

Can we have some more info?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You can claim for days worked if you have a valid signed timesheet.
      If you didn't get a timesheet then you're out of luck.
      You can't claim for notice period if you did not work and do not have a signed timesheet for it.
      Can you show the precedent or legislation that says that you must have a timesheet in order to be paid for work completed, because that sounds like bilge to me.

Indeed - if you look at the agency regulations, they merely state that if you did not opt out correctly then as long as you can prove that you worked the hours then you are entitled to payment. This can be through many different methods, of which a signed timesheet is but one.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Just the two days. Start the dunning process if you want but don't hold your breathe. For two days of work your time would be better spent finding a new role.
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning_(process)

New one on me!
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Can you show the precedent or legislation that says that you must have a timesheet in order to be paid for work completed, because that sounds like bilge to me.

Indeed - if you look at the agency regulations, they merely state that if you did not opt out correctly then as long as you can prove that you worked the hours then you are entitled to payment. This can be through many different methods, of which a signed timesheet is but one.
          Most agents require evidence that the client has signed off the time worked.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
            2 days! By the time you'd set up your computer, adjusted the seat, and found out where the coffee machine and toilets were you'd were out of there. What work did you actually do?
            I suppose you always reimburse your client/agency for the first day's rate on your first invoice on the basis that all you've done is set up your computer, found out where the coffee machine and toilets are etc. ???

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
              I suppose you always reimburse your client/agency for the first day's rate on your first invoice on the basis that all you've done is set up your computer, found out where the coffee machine and toilets are etc. ???
              No but I don't bale after 2 days and expect payment for doing **** all, sign a contract = honour it or stop pretending to be a contractor and go and get a perm job at KFC, ppl like this give us (well me not you maybe) a bad name.

Comment

No but I don't bale after 2 days and expect payment for doing **** all, sign a contract = honour it or stop pretending to be a contractor and go and get a perm job at KFC, ppl like this give us (well me not you maybe) a bad name.
                I agree completely with this excluding the error.

It’s bail, not bale.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                  I agree completely with this excluding the error.

It’s bail, not bale.
                  maybe the OP blagged it and got found out.
                  in which case he can whistle IMMHO

Comment

But you're paid on a day-by-day basis, hence the "daily rate". Doesn't matter when you bail, whether it be 2 days into a 3 months or 5 months into a 6 monther.

Do you not feel bad for taking $$$ from the client for that very first day when you did diddly squat in the way of "real" work?

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      But you're paid on a day-by-day basis, hence the "daily rate". Doesn't matter when you bail, whether it be 2 days into a 3 months or 5 months into a 6 monther.

Do you not feel bad for taking $$$ from the client for that very first day when you did diddly squat in the way of "real" work?
                      True dat.

Comment

Working...
                      X