• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency did not pay for the work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency did not pay for the work

Hi,
    I am IT contractor(Director of my Limited company) and worked via recruitment agency A for agency client B for 2 days then resigned by giving 5 working days notice as per my job contract terms.

Agency A immediately terminated my contract and did not pay me for the 2 days work.

Agency A does not reply to my emails .
    Citizens advice bureau and ACAS says they provide services to workers not self employed.

Please guide me how to get my money from the recruitment agency.

Also can I claim for 5 days notice period or just that 2 days work?

Thanks
    Last edited by jamalshah; 28 January 2018, 20:04.

Just the two days. Start the dunning process if you want but don't hold your breathe. For two days of work your time would be better spent finding a new role.

Comment

Originally posted by jamalshah View Post
      Hi,
      I am IT contractor(Director of my Limited company) and worked via recruitment agency A for agency client B for 2 days then resigned by giving 5 working days notice as per my job contract terms.

Agency A immediately terminated my contract and did not pay me for the 2 days work.

Agency A does not reply to my emails .
      Citizens advice bureau and ACAS says they provide services to workers not self employed.

Please guide me how to get my money from the recruitment agency.

Also can I claim for 5 days notice period or just that 2 days work?

Thanks
      Hi You can try Safe Collections for Debt Recovery

You can contact them on the form here:

https://www.contractoruk.com/money/d...ices.html#form

They have provided me good advice before and can collect on your behalf potentially.

For two days they may say not worthwhile but depends on your daily rate I suppose.

Comment

Did you get a signed timesheet ? If not start whistling

Comment

Did you actually do any work?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

2 days! By the time you'd set up your computer, adjusted the seat, and found out where the coffee machine and toilets were you'd were out of there. What work did you actually do?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Just the two days. Start the dunning process if you want but don't hold your breathe. For two days of work your time would be better spent finding a new role.
              Then when you've got the new role - start dunning and take them through to the small claims court. They may well cough up as an easier alternative to defending. This is assuming you did any work of course.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You can claim for days worked if you have a valid signed timesheet.
                If you didn't get a timesheet then you're out of luck.
                You can't claim for notice period if you did not work and do not have a signed timesheet for it.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

OP needs to see if he's got a no pay if client doesn't pay clause in as well. I doubt the client will be right happy about this so could withhold payment to the agent in which case the OP is due nothing.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

you quite your last contract to get this one, and you quit this one after 2 days.
                    What else is going on?

If you're not competent to do the job, and that's why you quit then you should be cautious about pursuing payment. They may consider pursuing you against your professional indemnity insurance. If they've spent some weeks getting you in the place and it turns out you're a blagger they may well consider suing you for losses.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X