• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this a breaching the contract by the agency and company I work for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You accepted the work and got paid for it. An implied contract was created. You can't do the work for 2 years, get paid and then whine about it expecting compensation. That's ridiculous.

What you should have done is refused the work and left.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You want to sue the client because they put you on more/different projects?

You want to sue the agency because they said this is fine?

You want to sue both because this means your now caught by IR35 legislation?

Just trying to understand your position fully as I must be missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
        You want to sue the client because they put you on more/different projects?

You want to sue the agency because they said this is fine?

You want to sue both because this means your now caught by IR35 legislation?

Just trying to understand your position fully as I must be missing something.
        Wanting to sue people all the time is a psychological projection of guilt. We see it here all the time.

Person A fails to understand how to run a business.
        Accountancy B/ Agency B/ Client B - doesn't wipe Person A's arse for the them.
        Person A wants to know if the can sue them.

It's always someone else's fault. I work with these types of people all the time and it pisses me off. Grow up and take some responsibility in life.

/rant
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

The topic was about breaching the contract. I was paid for delivering ONE project, having the target and service contract. But plenty of other things have been requested by the client from me, with my agencie's blessing. When I had concerns, the agency and client said I was wrong. Now I see I wasn't. I had right to say "no, I won't do that" but I didn't as I was convinved and assured by them that I was wrong.

After review of my contract with my accountant, no, I am not inside IR35.

You are also wrong saying that just because something happened in the past can't be actioned now. Sorry, but I have never seen anyone suing someone for something which hasn't happened yet.
          Psychological analysis and suggestions to tell my agency to "f********" show how low level you represent.

Thank you for all your advices, I will look for the right one from professional resources.

Comment

Yes you have every right to sue them.

Go for it!

We need more brave credible people standing up to these ruthless agencies.

Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Esp View Post
              But plenty of other things have been requested by the client from me, with my agencie's blessing.
              it seems like you are trying to use this as the basis for suing.

The client asked you to do something, you checked with the agent, and you did it.

You can't retrospectively blame anyone else.

Does it affect your IR35 in the event of an HMRC investigation - you bet it does.

Is that something you can sue against? Highly doubtful.

Yikes. The contract is important, and is the first step. All your actions since have caused you to be inside IR35 (if you ever get investigated)
              Last edited by jmo21; 13 February 2018, 15:43.

Comment

So exactly what losses are you suing for?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a case for Judge Rinder....

You can text the word JUDGE plus your name to 63334. Texts cost 25p plus one standard network rate message.

Comment

Originally posted by sketchandsunshine View Post
                    Sounds like a case for Judge Rinder....

You can text the word JUDGE plus your name to 63334. Texts cost 25p plus one standard network rate message.
                    Doesn't ITV pay the victor if you lose regardless, in which case I am taking NLUK to see Rinder for 100 grand compo as he once forgot to say good morning to me

Comment

The topic was about breaching the contract. I was paid for delivering ONE project, having the target and service contract. But plenty of other things have been requested by the client from me, with my agencie's blessing. When I had concerns, the agency and client said I was wrong. Now I see I wasn't. I had right to say "no, I won't do that" but I didn't as I was convinved and assured by them that I was wrong.

You are also wrong saying that just because something happened in the past can't be actioned now. Sorry, but I have never seen anyone suing someone for something which hasn't happened yet.
                      Psychological analysis and suggestions to tell my agency to "f********" show how low level you represent.

Thank you for all your advices, I will look for the right one from professional resources.
                      So having delivered the ONE project you were contracted for, you merrily accepted client and agency word and carried on working. I assume you merrily carried on invicing, right?

You had the right to say "no". Client and agent are obviously going to have their own view. Your lack of knowledge abut contracting and indeed contracts is the underlying problem here, nothing else.

Oh, good, you had a contract review. Working practises trump contract; that's a simple thing even your accountant should know.

You can pay money to try to get the "professional" advice you want to hear but the reality is you're somewhat f*cked. Nobody f*cked you, you f*cked yourself.

Comment

Working...
                      X