Lunch expenses Lunch expenses - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 58

Thread: Lunch expenses

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean an app that will give you a kick up the arse and do things in time so not to create a mess of your own making? Beats me. I'd stick to Grindr if I were you.
    No I mean an App that'll let me scan them as I get them, so I don't just end up stuffing them in my wallet. Something which will then consolidate them into something any accountant can use - excel/CSV/abacus...

Amazingly I don't carry my laptop around everywhere I go. I do, however, have my phone handy most of the time.
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by uk contractor View Post
    You do realise that you only need to produce receipts to claim if its above the daily allowance & its genuinely staying overnight away from home otherwise just keep the receipts somewhere safe no need to produce unless asked to.
    You’re right insofar as you’re only ever going to be asked to produce receipts if you have a tax enquiry but no harm in scanning and keeping digital copies of your receipts. The physical ones will fade. You must keep receipts to back up any out of pocket expense claims though.

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    No I mean an App that'll let me scan them as I get them, so I don't just end up stuffing them in my wallet. Something which will then consolidate them into something any accountant can use - excel/CSV/abacus...

Amazingly I don't carry my laptop around everywhere I go. I do, however, have my phone handy most of the time.
    There’s a search function on all the app stores.... try some and see which ones fit.

Thanks, but I was hoping for a recommendation, otherwise we could just replace this whole forum with NLUK constantly replying: Have you tried googling.... Have you asked your accountant.....

Oh.... No.... Wait.....

And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Super poster

FWIW I spent ages trying different expense tracking apps and services to see if I could find something that worked how I liked and ideally integrated with FreeAgent. I even contemplated writing my own. In the end I couldn’t find anything I was happy with which is why I now just enter them directly in FreeAgent. The official FreeAgent iOS app helps a bit.

More time posting than coding

Office Lens works quite well and will upload straight to onedrive, also straightens them and trims them...

Super poster

I use CamScanner for taking photos of receipts - and then I upload them to OneDrive.

More time posting than coding

I thought lunch expensing when at your normal place of work was a no-no. Is according to SJD.

You can use Expensify to do this very easily, it's £3.50 a month and does exactly what you want to, including databasing all the receipts, producing PDFs per month, and export into the format of your choice (with custom columns and what have you) for upload into other systems/accountants

It also lets you scan as you go and they OCR (and occasionally manually read) each entry and have it uploaded with image, date, amount, merchant, VAT amount etc within a few minutes.

I can't recommend it highly enough.
    Last edited by PerfectStorm; 15th February 2018 at 21:43.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by heyya99 View Post
    I thought.
    That is your problem right there.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 16th February 2018 at 08:05.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!