• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone worked with Twenty Recruitment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone worked with Twenty Recruitment?

Hi, Just wanted to check if anyone has experience working with this outfit:

https://www.twentyrecruitment.com/

I have been contacted by two different agencies for the same role (same rate as well), but their payment schedules seem to differ.

Twenty Recruitment says: All timesheets would be submitted by the last Tuesday of every month – and payment occurs on the first Tuesday of every month.

The other agency has indicated that for 4 weeks of timesheets submitted at month end, I would be paid at the end of next month - seems to be quite a long wait.

Originally posted by manjack View Post
    Hi, Just wanted to check if anyone has experience working with this outfit:

https://www.twentyrecruitment.com/

I have been contacted by two different agencies for the same role (same rate as well), but their payment schedules seem to differ.

Twenty Recruitment says: All timesheets would be submitted by the last Tuesday of every month – and payment occurs on the first Tuesday of every month.

The other agency has indicated that for 4 weeks of timesheets submitted at month end, I would be paid at the end of next month - seems to be quite a long wait.
    So one agency if factoring your payments and the other isn't. The payment from the client to the agency will be the same. Obviously your exposure to risk is reduced with weekly payments rather than monthly ones but it does depend on how quickly you act when payments start going awry.

Do a credit check and company check on the agencies and have a look out for any cash flow issues or not having much cash in the bank that might be an indicator they can't pay you or even go bump.

I've had more gigs on month in arrears than not and to date haven't had a problem. You've got bigger problems if your LTD can't pay you because of agency payment terms to be fair. Also it might be a long time to wait but it's lovely being paid after you've left!

Be careful about playing agencies off for the same role. If they both put you forward for interview then there is going to be a right bun fight about which one got dibs on you first and there is a good chance the client could just drop you to avoid the moaning agents. I'm talking from experience here.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So one agency if factoring your payments and the other isn't. The payment from the client to the agency will be the same. Obviously your exposure to risk is reduced with weekly payments rather than monthly ones but it does depend on how quickly you act when payments start going awry.

Do a credit check and company check on the agencies and have a look out for any cash flow issues or not having much cash in the bank that might be an indicator they can't pay you or even go bump.

I've had more gigs on month in arrears than not and to date haven't had a problem. You've got bigger problems if your LTD can't pay you because of agency payment terms to be fair. Also it might be a long time to wait but it's lovely being paid after you've left!

Be careful about playing agencies off for the same role. If they both put you forward for interview then there is going to be a right bun fight about which one got dibs on you first and there is a good chance the client could just drop you to avoid the moaning agents. I'm talking from experience here.
      Is it possible to buy insurance on agencies - In the same way that suppliers buy insurance when goods delivered but payment not received?

Comment

IPSE+ membership gives you business interruption insurance for when an agency goes belly up. You'd have to check the T&Cs to see how much it covers.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Did you do a credit check on both agencies?

Comment

Working...
          X