• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Post Office - any experience contracting there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Office - any experience contracting there?

I'm just mulling over several options for new contracts as my current one is coming to an end soon.
    The Post Office is interested - anyone have any experience in working there (central London)?
    Would appreciate any input (it's marked outside IR35)

Originally posted by Smartie View Post
    I'm just mulling over several options for new contracts as my current one is coming to an end soon.
    The Post Office is interested - anyone have any experience in working there (central London)?
    Would appreciate any input (it's marked outside IR35)
    I worked as a postman once at Christmas. It was tulipe but I got the regular postie's tips.

Comment

Don't eat yellow snow?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanT View Post
        I worked as a postman once at Christmas. It was tulipe but I got the regular postie's tips.
        The cash in the envelopes from grandparents and badly wrapped presents?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Worked at a system integrator with POL as client. (as part of a £500m contract)
          Very very difficult people to work and deal with, lots of politics, it's maybe easier when you work for them, but still I wouldn't want t work there

Comment

Friend of mine works there. He's permie now but has previously contracted and knows all about the fun that is PS IR35. They were doing proper assessments for IR35 with each contract being reviewed rather than applying a blanket determination.

Comment

Working...
            X