• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency not on PSL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency not on PSL

Afternoon - it been a while since I last posted on here... just been quietly invoicing away

Anyway last few days in the current gig so had an interview this morning with a new client who if I were a betting man would put a large chunk of money on me getting the new role. He did make the off the cuff comment though that I'll have to work through Agency B and not Agency A who advertised and setup the interview as they were their preferred supplier

Anyone had this? Of course as part of my CV going forwards made one of those statement that I wanted Agency A to represent me in this application blah blah

Do agencies normally daisy chain themselves when this is the case or are Agency A going to kick up a fuss???

Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
    Do agencies normally daisy chain themselves when this is the case or are Agency A going to kick up a fuss???
    I've had it before - the question comes about rate because both agencies will want some money from somewhere.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've had a contract where I was found by agency A but agency B were on the PSL so agency B did the admin but A got a few bob finder's fee somewhere along the line.

Whilst the comment above about the rate is fair, what's more important is that you're receiving the rate you want for the role. What cut people take is only an issue if it's being used as an excuse to pay you less.

Comment

Excellent. My rate wont be changing so they can squabble for the agency cut between them then!

Comment

Working...
        X