• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tenders/RFQ/RFI - success rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenders/RFQ/RFI - success rate

Hello,
    Are there people who do this regularly?
    What is the general success rate of winning contracts through these mechanisms?

Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Hello,
    Hello
    Are there people who do this regularly?
    Yes there is.
    What is the general success rate of winning contracts through these mechanisms?
    The winners win 100% of them.
    The rest? Christ only knows. Depends how good you are.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I just won a tender to write a tender

Comment

I once tried bidding for government contracts that were advertised because they were sub £100k.

It was impossible.

But then I was tulip as well.

Comment

most of us are included in tenders on a regular basis as resources - we just don't know it or don't get involved in the details. i'd guess i've provided some input to tenders (schedules, costs, versions, risks & rewards etc.) dozens of times. i've been very closely associated with creating and/or delivering tenders, quotes, propositions & presentations on maybe four or five occasions in the last 18 years. not very many it is true, but actually two of them are in progress now and one is 99% won while the other is at about 75% likely. even if the tenders don't succeed the relationships gained with partners and clients can prove fruitful later. good for showing that you are running a business too.

Comment

about 60%

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
            most of us are included in tenders on a regular basis as resources - we just don't know it or don't get involved in the details. i'd guess i've provided some input to tenders (schedules, costs, versions, risks & rewards etc.) dozens of times. i've been very closely associated with creating and/or delivering tenders, quotes, propositions & presentations on maybe four or five occasions in the last 18 years. not very many it is true, but actually two of them are in progress now and one is 99% won while the other is at about 75% likely. even if the tenders don't succeed the relationships gained with partners and clients can prove fruitful later. good for showing that you are running a business too.
            my success rate is about 60% on Tinders

Comment

The trick is to have the tender in the bag before it's advertised. I just wish I was good at it.

Comment

If it's public sector tender don't waste your time on tenders.

They are so slow and inefficient in the public sector that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Carillion have "won" more government tenders

Comment

Working...
                X