Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next? Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 91 to 99 of 99

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    Technically it is a two year gap because the first year I was unaware of the issue but since then I set up and ran a business (not contracting/consulting) for three years. I have been looking for any kind of work including permanent for all of the six years.
    Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.

So far two interviews one of which they wanted to retrain me at a lower level so they did not offer and the other a rude Romanian interviewer about 15 years younger than me who does not even live in the UK. I had to pass on that
    So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?

I'm not worried about the gap its small minded thinking.
    You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
    6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.

So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?

You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
    6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
    I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.

More time posting than coding

Have a read of “Bored to fears”

Abstract:
    The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....

Still gathering requirements...

Quote Originally Posted by MrButton View Post

Abstract:
    The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....
    Yes I'm sure I will get round to it one day.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by MrButton View Post

Abstract:
    The text book for most folk here, isn't it?
    "Boom! Boom!" - B. Brush

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
    OK, may advice about how to find out the facts about what really happened - read your own posts on here!
    You say you turned down two jobs, one because it wasn’t paying you enough and another because the interviewer was foreign and younger than you.
    That’s why you didn’t get those two jobs.

Without any more facts from you, it’s hard to help give you advice on how to find out other facts that might be pertinent - the issues about damage to your house/car are most likely related to personal matters, nothing to do with work. An ex, an ex’s partner, a neighbour, etc.
    No agent, client or contractor is going to waste their time doing that.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Godlike

OP. - being paranoid doesn't preclude them all being out to get you.
    sounds like you dug yourself a hole and want to blame someone else for it
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
    You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

Godlike

Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.
    'the eye in the pyramid' - oooeeeer
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................