Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next? Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next? - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 91 to 99 of 99
  1. #91

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    Technically it is a two year gap because the first year I was unaware of the issue but since then I set up and ran a business (not contracting/consulting) for three years. I have been looking for any kind of work including permanent for all of the six years.
    Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.

    Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    So far two interviews one of which they wanted to retrain me at a lower level so they did not offer and the other a rude Romanian interviewer about 15 years younger than me who does not even live in the UK. I had to pass on that
    So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?

    Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    I'm not worried about the gap its small minded thinking.
    You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
    6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  2. #92

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Well lets see.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Technically it’s a 6 year gap since you have been doing any work in the area that you are trying to work in.



    So, the two interviews you had, one you decided you were too good for and the other you didn’t like the interviewer because they were foreign and younger than you?



    You might decree that anyone who sees a 6 year gap is “small minded”, but that means pretty much every agent and client is small minded.
    6 years is a very long time in IT. Windows XP went EoL 4 years ago! If a client has 10 CVs in front of them and 9 have been working for the last 6 years, but one hasn’t, it doesn’t matter if your last client was one of the biggest in the world, or you were on the CERN project etc, you’ve still got 6 years of not doing the job, when your competitions have 6 years of contracts and references that are modern and relevant.
    I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.

  3. #93

    More time posting than coding


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Have a read of “Bored to fears”

    Abstract:
    The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....

  4. #94

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Well lets see.
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrButton View Post
    Have a read of “Bored to fears”

    Abstract:
    The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....
    Yes I'm sure I will get round to it one day.

  5. #95

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrButton View Post
    Have a read of “Bored to fears”

    Abstract:
    The present study examines the relationships between paranoia, conspiracist ideation, and boredom proneness.....
    The text book for most folk here, isn't it?
    "Boom! Boom!" - B. Brush

  6. #96

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
    OK, may advice about how to find out the facts about what really happened - read your own posts on here!
    You say you turned down two jobs, one because it wasn’t paying you enough and another because the interviewer was foreign and younger than you.
    That’s why you didn’t get those two jobs.

    Without any more facts from you, it’s hard to help give you advice on how to find out other facts that might be pertinent - the issues about damage to your house/car are most likely related to personal matters, nothing to do with work. An ex, an ex’s partner, a neighbour, etc.
    No agent, client or contractor is going to waste their time doing that.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  7. #97

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    5,970

    Default

    OP. - being paranoid doesn't preclude them all being out to get you.
    sounds like you dug yourself a hole and want to blame someone else for it
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  8. #98

    Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

    northernladyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Working the streets of your imagination
    Posts
    9,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
    I guess they are the winners then "the competition" whoever they are. I cannot change the last six years but at least I was doing something productive and challenging for most of this time. That is running a real business. Thanks for the input but I am not looking for career advice I was looking for advice about how to find out the facts about what "really" happened in 2012 and the reasons why.
    You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

  9. #99

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    5,970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladyuk View Post
    You got on the wrong side of a senior member of a certain international fraternal organisation. I must say no more.
    'the eye in the pyramid' - oooeeeer
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •