• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blacklisted/Blackballed/Defamation What to do next?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
    A wind up thread from a regular?
    No. Genuine.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      Some of the stuff you've said about 'incidents' happening leads me to believe that you might be on the cusp of developing some sort of mental issues - no worries as everyone has them, but go to the doctors and get that cleared up and you should find that the other things start falling into place again
      I take your point and of course many people do suffer from disorders. Obviously due to the issues this person or persons has caused me I am not in a good place but I am dealing with this. This is not just about money but obviously if a case was brought the effect on my mental and physical health would be part of the financial settlement. I am not the only one involved as the effect on my husband has been tremendous. These "incidents" are factual, what I am trying to do is find out how to gather further facts i.e. identify and solve the issue. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        IMO this thread has run its useful course. Too many different issues to help the OP. I'd say move this one to general or lock and the OP can start other threads about individual issues already mentioned as they aren't connected. Too much going on to be able to help any more.
        I posted the thread and agree it has run its course. The responses have been eye opening and interesting that the focus is on "moving" on which I initially tried to do for four years, unfortunately that did not work. To be honest and realistic I probably will never get to the bottom of this or get justice. I just hope this does not happen to other peoples careers, if it does then come speak to me at least I might believe you or have some empathy. Thanks

Comment

Thanks for everyones feedback

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          No. Genuine.
          Thanks WTFH it is genuine admittedly it might sound overly dramatic. This post is done but I hope I can stay on the forum as who knows when I find work it might be a contract.

Comment

My Last Word - I think that you need to seek help outside this forum? We are all Gladiators and Radiator Bleeders.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
              it might sound overly dramatic.
              It's an in-built fault of home sapiens sapiens to take random events and try and assign cause or agency (ie somebody must be behind this). It brought us religion, and now it's spooking you.

All I can see is a series of incidents in the past, and now a number of job selling dead ends. I simply can't see any story linking them. These things happen to loads of people. Just keep plodding along and suddenly good things will start happening (again for no particular reason).

Don't look for patterns where none exist.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MrButton View Post
                A wind up thread from a regular?
                Just someone bored, I think.
                Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by boredfromsurrey View Post
                  I posted the thread and agree it has run its course. The responses have been eye opening and interesting that the focus is on "moving" on which I initially tried to do for four years, unfortunately that did not work. To be honest and realistic I probably will never get to the bottom of this or get justice. I just hope this does not happen to other peoples careers, if it does then come speak to me at least I might believe you or have some empathy. Thanks
                  Your best option is a permie gig. I just don't think you are relevant to the contracting market. Also the tech market is rapidly changing yearly, maybe you could do a course pr a degree and start fresh? Agencies never blacklist. Heck I have let down agencies at last minute and they message me back months later asking if I am available.
                  Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

You can easily test the blacklist theory by changing your name on your CV.

I think that even if there was a blacklist involved, that 6 year gap alone will stop you.

Why would anyone want to hire someone on contract with a 6 year gap?

That's just nuts. Get a permie job and sort your career out.

Comment

Originally posted by Smackdown View Post
                      You can easily test the blacklist theory by changing your name on your CV.

I think that even if there was a blacklist involved, that 6 year gap alone will stop you.

Why would anyone want to hire someone on contract with a 6 year gap?

That's just nuts. Get a permie job and sort your career out.
                      Thanks. I might look into changing my name. Technically it is a two year gap because the first year I was unaware of the issue but since then I set up and ran a business (not contracting/consulting) for three years. I have been looking for any kind of work including permanent for all of the six years. So far two interviews one of which they wanted to retrain me at a lower level so they did not offer and the other a rude Romanian interviewer about 15 years younger than me who does not even live in the UK. I had to pass on that but I don't think they were going to offer anyway. The reason I got into contracting was because I could not find permanent work in my 20's eventually I changed my career and started to work on systems implementation projects still could not find permanent work and enjoyed working on contract so set up as an Independent consultant. All seemed to work out OK until 2012. Thanks for the advice I'm not worried about the gap its small minded thinking.

Comment

Working...
                      X