• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Networking - Events

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Networking - Events

So in the hope of drumming up some new business/leads I am looking at attending some networking events/exhibitions etc in London.
    Anyone know of any particularly good ones for the IT/PM crowd.

The Business Show 2018 is coming next month. Has anyone been?

If you are a bum on seat PM or the like I'd say you'll have more luck going out on the piss and frequenting the local strip joint at a weekend to be honest.

If you need leads for some other reason or work more like a proper consultant then these events might be useful. As bum on seat type I only find the events useful for collecting free stationary and bags nowadays.

Check the IPSE website and see what event's they've got running. Networking amongst your peers is going to be more useful that clients IMO.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 11 April 2018, 14:16.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The only point in going to tradeshows is if you have meetings lined up in the private areas and want to meet lots of people in you professional sphere in one place and at one date. The stands are just there because competitors have one.

That said, full marks to ETAS for bringing a Winnebago full of Cocktail Mariachis to EW last week. Not sure I made many contacts who would like to see me again though.

Comment

Join your local chamber of commerce, they should have loads of diff types of networking events (mine does) so you can take your pick.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Slightly off topic but has anyone ever got a gig/lead through the local chamber of commerce?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorScum View Post
            Slightly off topic but has anyone ever got a gig/lead through the local chamber of commerce?
            One or two leads but waiting on a quote. Probably hear nothing back but that's freelancing for you.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Meetup often has networking events published on it, these are probably a better bet than a trade show.

If you're in Glasgow then the last Friday of every month sees a networking session at Citizen M for a couple of hours.

Comment

Its very slow for me at the moment

Comment

Working...
                X