• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Investment Banking to Civil Service... thoughts welcome

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investment Banking to Civil Service... thoughts welcome

Originally posted by edison View Post
    Well, how much do you think people should be paid to work at a major charity? If you think you are going to get people working in professional fields like Finance, Legal and even IT etc working for peanuts, think again. The major charity sector is competitive and commercially orientated, the role I mentioned was one of the most senior roles in the whole organisation. Many senior people in charities have already taken very large pay cuts to transfer from private sector.

I was only referring to basic salary, other than that, there were few monetary benefits. Compare that to my private sector permie jobs where I've had share options, quite large bonuses, car, private healthcare, generous pension etc which increased my salary by anything up to 50-100%.

I would have thought there would be tons of IT professionals. Hoping to help out charities.

Not me. But. Others.
    Last edited by MrButton; 6 July 2018, 21:38.

Comment

I’ve seen how much the typical director of a charity earns and how much they pay for chuggers

On that basis any charity can afford the market rate for my skill set

Comment

Yup, that's how I'd play it.

Comment

Working...
        X