• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

dv cleared contract and eligiblity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dv cleared contract and eligiblity

I am SC cleared and will be 10 years in the UK soon.
    What is the procedure and eligiblity for applying for DV clearance

Originally posted by csharpcontract View Post
    I am SC cleared and will be 10 years in the UK soon.
    What is the procedure and eligibility for applying for DV clearance
    A lot of the process is confidential for those who have been through it meaning no one will say a single word about it and will roll a few lemons in to scare you for a craic.

But here is a guide by a government body to clarify some things: Link & also scroll down to eligibility on this Link

Comment

It's SC+++

Interviews with your references.
      Possibly interviews with your friends and family.
      Extra checks on friends and family.

I've not gone through it. And I wouldn't want to to be honest as it's quite intrusive.
      I was a reference for someone who passed a few years ago. He used me as I was SC cleared despite the fact I'd only known him for 3 months. I had a 1 hour interview for that.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        It's SC+++

Interviews with your references.
        Possibly interviews with your friends and family.
        Extra checks on friends and family.

I've not gone through it. And I wouldn't want to to be honest as it's quite intrusive.
        I was a reference for someone who passed a few years ago. He used me as I was SC cleared despite the fact I'd only known him for 3 months. I had a 1 hour interview for that.
        Only 3 months sheesh and a 1 hour interview, did he at least get you a pint for your troubles?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
          A lot of the process is confidential for those who have been through it meaning no one will say a single word about it and will roll a few lemons in to scare you for a craic.
          I found that once you got past the twice daily rectal exams the process was quite smooth.

Comment

You are allowed to take someone with you for the interview. Because of the nature of the questions, you are advised not to take anyone with you unless they know everything about you.

You'll spend the day discussing your life in minute detail. Make sure you can account for that website history and your expenditure every month

Comment

Also, there's no such thing as applying for it. Someone needs to sponsor you for it if it's necessary for the work you'll be doing for them.

Comment

Originally posted by amanwhoisquiet View Post
                Also, there's no such thing as applying for it. Someone needs to sponsor you for it if it's necessary for the work you'll be doing for them.
                And they’ll be paying a huge amount of money for it, so the OP should have a very particular set of skills for a clientco to cough this up for a contractor.

Comment

Originally posted by BackupBoy View Post
                  And they’ll be paying a huge amount of money for it, so the OP should have a very particular set of skills for a clientco to cough this up for a contractor.
                  I think it's around £25k so yes, quite.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Gov is shedding cleared contractors at the moment. I wouldn't bother.

May's austerity programme.

Comment

Working...
                    X