• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracts with 'Reply' group

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
    Seriously? You could make this argument about any bought-in expertise.
    You're correct. And sal is correct. What's the saying? "If you want something doing properly, do it yourself".

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
      You're correct. And sal is correct. What's the saying? "If you want something doing properly, do it yourself".
      but only if you know what you are doing!

Comment

Originally posted by fidot View Post
        but only if you know what you are doing!
        And if you've got the time and effort to do so instead of concentrating on doing what your business does.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HugeWhale View Post
          Why oh why do people ask accountants to review contracts? You wouldn't ask a plumber to check the wiring in the fuse box!

Anyhow - it doesn't matter how much time you've got: get the contract checked. Not just for IR35, in fact IR35 may be the least of the worries the way case law is going, but there can be all sorts of things lurking in there. Are you liable for consequential damages? If so, run a mile (maybe). How about liabilities? IPR? Patents? Reciprocal rights to terminate? Handcuff clauses? Provision of software/tooling? What extended warranties are there after the contract end period? Do you really want to risk being called back a year or even two later to fix a bug?

Get it checked. It only takes a day or two. Contract extensions are different, you may wish to take a fly on them if there are no changes, but I'd always get a new contract looked over.
          All good advice. I forgot to add that I have checked it myself thoroughly. It was just the IR35 check that I was referring to.

Comment

Working...
          X