• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is this Supervision, Direction or Control?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this Supervision, Direction or Control?

Hi,

The contract I'm being offered by the professional services division of a large IT services provider states I must handover to one of their own consultants from day one. The project at the end-client is data science related.

I assume this is an attempt to minimise the length of my contract. Does this constitute Supervision, Direction or Control hence make me subject to IR35? Should I request this clause is removed?

Many thanks

One of your project deliverables is a handover. Not sure that falls under any of them.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Handover from day one? What does that mean?

Have you googled what SDC is?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        One of your project deliverables is a handover. Not sure that falls under any of them.
        Handover to end-client's own personnel (data engineers) is absolutely within scope of tasks I'm expecting, like it would be on any project, so they can operate the platform after go-live. Being told to handover to the service provider's consultant\s from day one is not.

Comment

Originally posted by jolly fellopian View Post
          Handover to end-client's own personnel (data engineers) is absolutely within scope of tasks I'm expecting, like it would be on any project, so they can operate the platform after go-live. Being told to handover to the service provider's consultant\s from day one is not.
          OK, think I understand it now.

The end client is not your customer and has not offered you a contract. The service provider is and has. You are not working for the end client you are delivering for the service provider and if they want you to do a handover to them and not the end client then that is what you do. If they want to put their logo on your work and take credit for it, then good for them. That's what they're paying for.

I have no idea what this has to do with SDC. It seems to have no link at all.
          Last edited by HugeWhale; 23 May 2018, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by jolly fellopian View Post
            If you get the feeling that you're going to get shafted sooner rather than later (this smells of Wipro) then put your rate up to reflect the risk and insist on weekly payments.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
            X