• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Awaiting portal login and passwors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you spoken to the client and asked if they have a signed contract with the agency? If they have then the agency may just need a kick along?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
      Have you spoken to the client and asked if they have a signed contract with the agency? If they have then the agency may just need a kick along?
      Actually I haven't ! Good point ! I was more concerned about getting more Xenapp experience and getting paid !
      I believe the agency probably do need a kick judging by the other contractors experience in relation to his pay...he has told me at one point he practically had no money to fuel his car to get to work and unless they cleared it to his account that day he would be leaving this was over a three week period...alarm bells set in then !

Comment

Seriously cant believe I have been so caught out by this ! I read these threads all the time on here which have been a valuable source of information !

Comment

Don't worry too much. We've tons of threads about ridiculous agency carry ons but thankfully very very few about agents not paying. Them letting you on site is a contract as such so it's not like you don't have some form of contract. It's just a matter of when not if so just keep pestering. The money will turn up eventually.

And don't believe stories about not being able to pay for fuel to get to site. If that's the case he's got bigger problems than a late paying agent.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Don't worry too much. We've tons of threads about ridiculous agency carry ons but thankfully very very few about agents not paying. Them letting you on site is a contract as such so it's not like you don't have some form of contract. It's just a matter of when not if so just keep pestering. The money will turn up eventually.

And don't believe stories about not being able to pay for fuel to get to site. If that's the case he's got bigger problems than a late paying agent.
            Yep the other guys said he was always complaining so I take it with a pinch of salt !
            At the moment I am owed £500 for this week so where do I stand in terms of reclaiming these ? Don't really want to go down the hire a debt collector route.

What is really annoying is that I only planned to work the 4 weeks and not extend if they wanted me to unless they seriously increased my daily rate !

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay69 View Post
              Yep the other guys said he was always complaining so I take it with a pinch of salt !
              At the moment I am owed £500 for this week so where do I stand in terms of reclaiming these ? Don't really want to go down the hire a debt collector route.

What is really annoying is that I only planned to work the 4 weeks and not extend if they wanted me to unless they seriously increased my daily rate !
              You don't even know what the payment terms are so you might not be owed it at all yet. If the contract says 30 days invoice and 30 days payment you might not be due to see anything for thick end of 60 days. Find out what your terms are first. They should be able to confirm that to you in a mail/over the phone without needing the portal. Forget debt collectors until you've actually got the fundamental information you should have had before even signing.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                You don't even know what the payment terms are so you might not be owed it at all yet. If the contract says 30 days invoice and 30 days payment you might not be due to see anything for thick end of 60 days. Find out what your terms are first. They should be able to confirm that to you in a mail/over the phone without needing the portal. Forget debt collectors until you've actually got the fundamental information you should have had before even signing.
                Yep will do ! Thanks everyone for advice so far !

Comment

Seriously cant believe I have been so caught out by this ! I read these threads all the time on here which have been a valuable source of information !
                  Never make the same mistake twice. Make it several times just to be certain.

Comment

Well spoke to my line manager and the manager above him who signs off timesheets and their basic stance is we don't get involved in agency issues that is up to you !
                    Fine at least I know where I stand ! Of course the sh$t will hit the fan next week when I don't turn up for my shift in that case !

Comment

Well spoke to my line manager and the manager above him who signs off timesheets and their basic stance is we don't get involved in agency issues that is up to you !
                      Fine at least I know where I stand ! Of course the sh$t will hit the fan next week when I don't turn up for my shift in that case !
                      Which is quiet correct and you shouldn't have taken it to them. This is your problem between you and the agent. The contract is between you two and has nothing to do with the client. Bear in mind this is partly your fault it doesn't paint a great picture to the client.

P. S. You don't have a line manager. You are an independent supplier not an employee FFS.

Comment

Working...
                      X