• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Providing personal details to end client?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    Never thought I'd hear you say that
    Hmm. Good point. Could have worded it better. Edit made.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Pretty much exactly what I expected to hear, especially regarding the mitigation of risk.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
        Which is what I said
        Yeah it seems you did - I was reading it in the context of your previous post I think … my bad.

Comment

If you have nothing to hide what is the exact problem here?!

Comment

Originally posted by snailwhip View Post
            I have secured a contract direct with the end client. I am now being asked for personal (i.e. not related to my limited company) details including passport details etc. They say they need to check I have permission to work in the UK. I am arguing that they are dealing with my limited company, not me as an employee and they don't need that info. Would appreciate any thoughts on this situation.
            So you've bagged yourself a direct contract and now going to play the arsehole over what your are not willing to do to satisfy the client?

Boss, that.

Comment

Originally posted by washed up contractor View Post
              So you've bagged yourself a direct contract and now going to play the arsehole over what your are not willing to do to satisfy the client?

Boss, that.
              What's with the attitude? I had genuine concerns about giving the details, never having had to before. Really don't understand what you have to gain by posting this. Does it make you feel better about yourself? You are showing yourself to be a bit of an arsehole to be honest. Next time you think about posting a reply which is essentially useless you should think about the person behind the post. When someone comes asking for help it is because that issue that means a lot to them. I certainly hope when you need help with something in your life you don't get the kind of response you gave to me.

Comment

What's with the attitude? I had genuine concerns about giving the details, never having had to before. Really don't understand what you have to gain by posting this. Does it make you feel better about yourself? You are showing yourself to be a bit of an arsehole to be honest. Next time you think about posting a reply which is essentially useless you should think about the person behind the post. When someone comes asking for help it is because that issue that means a lot to them. I certainly hope when you need help with something in your life you don't get the kind of response you gave to me.
                It's a mix of a few things. He's generally like that, it's tough on here so don't expect anything to be sugar coated and a packet of growsum is always advised and it's a question that's been asked so many times. Everyone of us has to do it so you'd expect it to be well covered so could have searched before us having to go over it again

https://www.bing.com/search?q=passpo...d=&adlt=strict

It's not personal, take it on the chin and when you reply to him put the winker smiley on the end. That'll teach him.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

What's with the attitude?
                  This is a channel that homes in on weaknesses. It's not an internet counselling service. It's more like a bar: say something and expect ribbing.

You asked a half baked question. It seemed like "Is this fair? Is this legal? Is there a God?" That's all academic. The issue is: are you going to make a fuss over something that can hardly endear you to your client and is extraordinarily difficult to see what the problem is?

Don't be shocked if people respond to you as being a snowflake.
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

The has been moved here https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ing-match.html
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                      Never thought I'd hear you say that
                      He is right though. Contractors are not really businesses (generally speaking, there are exceptions). No matter how often you say 'I have a client meeting' when you mean 'interview'. Most contractors wouldn't know a 'business decision' if it jumped up and punched them in the face.

This is why you get so many posts like 'Can I buy a 100" TV/Bike/Turbo Diesel Dildo through my company'
                      Last edited by TestMangler; 19 June 2018, 14:48.
                      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                      X