• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel Insurance for contractors (Limited Company)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Travel insurance

My experience of trying to find travel insurance for business travel was that the only thing extra that seemed to be covered was "business equipment". I guess a Ltd Co laptop might count as that.

A normal annual travel insurance policy doesn't seem to be restricted by "purpose" of travel, so I may be wrong but it seems to me there is isn't special travel insurance for contractors.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by AKA View Post
      Hi all,

I've started doing some European travel for work & wanted to know if anyone can recommend companies that do Business Travel Insurance or review sites for Business Travel Insurance. I've never had to travel abroad before as a contractor until now, but thought it would be wise to get some Business Travel Insurance as I'm guessing my personal travel insurance won't cover me whilst on business.

Cheers
      A
      I’m not exactly sure when you are planning to travel but I would strongly suggest you don’t travel for the next 2 months anywhere.

You do not want to end up quarantined and unable to return.

I researched this topic extensively for personal travel insurance recently and can tell you it’s a mine field of clauses and small print.

There was a very detailed article on money supermarket where they asked all the major providers what they would do in which scenario, I can dig it out if you are interested.

End result we went with AA gold.

Comment

Why are old posts being bumped tonight?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Now I feel daft for responding, 2018 how we miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Because there's naff all new that's worth commenting on?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Because there's naff all new that's worth commenting on?
              yeah... bored with B word and C word and I word
              This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Working...
              X