• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel Insurance for contractors (Limited Company)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance for contractors (Limited Company)

Hi all,

I've started doing some European travel for work & wanted to know if anyone can recommend companies that do Business Travel Insurance or review sites for Business Travel Insurance. I've never had to travel abroad before as a contractor until now, but thought it would be wise to get some Business Travel Insurance as I'm guessing my personal travel insurance won't cover me whilst on business.

Cheers
    A

Have your tried either posting in the right area of the forums or googling it? Even the money compare sites have comparison pages for business travel.

Do tell us how you go on though. I'd be interested to see how you put a fluffy meerkat toy thought the business.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Have your tried either posting in the right area of the forums or googling it? Even the money compare sites have comparison pages for business travel.

Do tell us how you go on though. I'd be interested to see how you put a fluffy meerkat toy thought the business.
      Useful answer. OP is looking for recommendations not Google results.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Useful answer. OP is looking for recommendations not Google results.
        Possibly but it's dependant on his situation and what criteria as to what suits him. Recommendations for insurance are also difficult because you don't really know it's worth unless it pays out etc. The compare sites will at least tell him which countries, benefits and price is out there so he can match his requirements and if it's a toss up he can decide whether he wants a fluffy toy, cinema tickets or a fat bloke interrupting his meals and stuff.

He might have gotten a different response if he'd put 2 seconds thinking about where he posted it as well.

I'd question if he understands whether he needs it or not to be honest.

Comment

check your bank account benefits

mine offers free Family worldwide cover + covers business travel

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            mine offers free Family worldwide cover + covers business travel
            This.

Comment

Guys - I think OP is after a recommendation and not a lesson in how to do a search.

I recently took out a business travel insurance policy through southdownsinsurance.co.uk, for a one off business trip. Admittedly I didn't have to claim but wording seemed to tick all the right boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                Guys - I think OP is after a recommendation and not a lesson in how to do a search.
                I do think that qualifies as a KUATB but the fact he mentions review sites as well. He wants a recommendation or a review site? Nah.. sounds more like he's not done any basic research first so I still think pointing out how to search is useful.

As I also said I don't even think he needs it so again he needs to do a bit of research himself first. Search is helpful for this as well.

If he knew exactly what he wanted and was now after a recommendation for the best company then yes you might have a point.. but I don't think we are there at all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I do think that qualifies as a KUATB but the fact he mentions review sites as well. He wants a recommendation or a review site? Nah.. sounds more like he's not done any basic research first so I still think pointing out how to search is useful.

As I also said I don't even think he needs it so again he needs to do a bit of research himself first. Search is helpful for this as well.

If he knew exactly what he wanted and was now after a recommendation for the best company then yes you might have a point.. but I don't think we are there at all.
                  Not gunning for the 2018 award then .

Comment

Originally posted by 1manshow View Post
                    Not gunning for the 2018 award then .
                    That ship sailed many moons ago
                    Being able log on is about as good as I can hope for nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                    X