• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment insurance

Hi All,

Question - I work overseas and as such am exempt UK Tax.

What Companies are there which will offer 'Unemployment' or 'Income Protection' Insurance?

I'm looking but the 'Res non Dom' and non UK Tax payer is a hindrance.

Thanks

One took the precaution of being fecking awesome at everything, and therefore such insurance was unnecessary. Maybe you could do the same?

Comment

How can you prove your income if its earned abroad and you don't pay tax here?
      What exactly are you trying to insure? Are you even employed? Are you a sole trader or LTD company or what?

Looking at what the OP is asking I don't even think he understands what he wants properly.

I can't see how we can even begin to help based on they tiny amount of information you've provided.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 27 June 2018, 10:14.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Are you a soul trader
        Doubt it, but I know one if you're looking to trade

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          Doubt it, but I know one if you're looking to trade
          Well mine is fast leaving my body reading the rubbish that seems to being posted recently. You'd think someone is having fun trolling the forums for a couple of days but I don't think that's the case.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Well mine is fast leaving my body reading the rubbish that seems to being posted recently.
            As long as you're up to date with your life assurance payments.

Comment

I have income protection, but it's designed for incapacitation. If you're an Ltd Director, don't think you understand the term unemployment!

Comment

Assuming you pay tax overseas in a country with a good social security system I suppose you can claim it over there were it to happen

Comment

You might be able to take out insurance where you are working, it's hard to know.

Are you paying tax overseas?
                  Do you live in the UK and just travel to another country to work?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Normally charge £10 a month for my "unemployment insurance for contractors" advice but here it is for free:-

No contract?

1. Phone jobcentre.
                    2. Complete forms to claim JSA.
                    3. Sign on once a fortnight.

Pays out £74 or something a week.....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X