• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Declining contract for better offer?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the feedback. The lower daily rate is with an Indian agency. Not that it should matter but weary based on what I’ve read. The higher rate is the same as what I’ve been on for past couple years in other roles. I wasn’t sure on the situation of the market so took the first role offered in an attempt to keep earning until something better came along. That happened sooner than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by simplicity View Post
      Thanks for the feedback. The lower daily rate is with an Indian agency. Not that it should matter but weary based on what I’ve read. The higher rate is the same as what I’ve been on for past couple years in other roles. I wasn’t sure on the situation of the market so took the first role offered in an attempt to keep earning until something better came along. That happened sooner than expected.
      The question really is ‘should you take a pay cut you’ve committed to, or not?’
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        The question really is ‘should you take a pay cut you’ve committed to, or not?’
        Agreed. It changes the dynamic of the question a bit.

Comment

Put yourself first .....you’re the only one who will and you’re not a charity. Do whatever gives you the easiest time.

Comment

So they offered significantly under market and now they're going to lose the contractor?

Comment

Just use some lame excuse, like sorry my personal circumstances have suddenly changed and I won't be able to start the contract. Done it several times, agencies will moan a bit, but for 150 per day you just don't care

Comment

That puts a very different picture on it. I would be avoiding the Indian Agency if they were offering £150 a day more given they are the one paying less it's a complete no brainer.

Just say you've got a family issue and the location is sadly no longer practical...

Comment

Originally posted by madame SasGuru View Post
                  That puts a very different picture on it. I would be avoiding the Indian Agency if they were offering £150 a day more given they are the one paying less it's a complete no brainer.

Just say you've got a family issue and the location is sadly no longer practical...
                  Or sub the first contract to a gent from the subcontinent.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The lower daily rate is with an Indian agency.
                    This changes everything go for the 150 a day higher. Indian agencies are notorious for getting a resource onsite to land the role then dumping you for someone cheaper they manage to get in from the indian sub continent @ 100 a day max!

You must be very new to this or naïve its been going on for ages now their tactics are quite blatant.

Comment

Take the extra money!

Comment

Working...
                      X