• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV gap - agency asking for bank statements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My client has introduced extra vetting duties which are carried out by the agent. It includes statements if you've had time between contracts. Can't wait for the agency to tell me one of my applicants is refusing to supply them
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      So you were all mouthy to start off with, then backed down and became a bit more reasonable, is that what you’re saying?
      Spin it how you like. I refused to give them personal bank statements, and never at any point gave them bank statements, so I wouldn't describe that as backing down.

The agent in question suggested that the client may accept a statement given to him (the agent) that I was still paid as a director of Myco Ltd during the break. You do know the difference between backing down and compromising ?

If you want, I'll give you the agent's name and number and you can ask him if he considered it to be a case of me backing down.
      Last edited by TestMangler; 4 July 2018, 21:54.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Spin it how you like. I refused to give them personal bank statements, and never at any point gave them bank statements, so I wouldn't describe that as backing down.

The agent in question suggested that the client may accept a statement given to him (the agent) that I was still paid as a director of Myco Ltd during the break. You do know the difference between backing down and compromising ?
        Thanks for all your replies.

If you have multiple bank accounts, cant you just choose which one to give them? i.e. one you dont use much, just for small purchases. That way the agency can just tick it off

Comment

CV gap - agency asking for bank statements

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

If you want, I'll give you the agent's name and number and you can ask him if he considered it to be a case of me backing down.
          I would say that if you started by telling the agent to “go F*** themselves” as you put it, and then you completely changed your tune to, “sure, speak to my accountant”, that’s a massive compromise where you’ve totally backed down from your “absolutely no way will I ever” to “OK, maybe not that but how about something else”. You had to completely back down from your hardline position. What exactly did the agency compromise? They still got a satisfactory answer to the requirement and no longer had you swearing at them.

Spin it how you like, you backed down.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I would say that if you started by telling the agent to “go F*** themselves” as you put it, and then you completely changed your tune to, “sure, speak to my accountant”, that’s a massive compromise where you’ve totally backed down from your “absolutely no way will I ever” to “OK, maybe not that but how about something else”. You had to completely back down from your hardline position. What exactly did the agency compromise? They still got a satisfactory answer to the requirement and no longer had you swearing at them.

Not often I agree with MarillionFan, but you are a bit of a wank right enough.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

All mouth and trousers.
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

So you were all mouthy to start off with, then backed down and became a bit more reasonable, is that what you’re saying?
                Your bank statements are confidential and none of their business.

At risk of stating the blindingly obvious, you are an owner of a business providing a professional business service for a price. If you're a contractor your CV should make clear that you're Owner and Director of xyz ltd from date yyyy to the present time, therefore no gap on CV.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerthedodger View Post

At risk of stating the blindingly obvious, you are an owner of a business providing a professional business service for a price. If you're a contractor your CV should make clear that you're Owner and Director of xyz ltd from date yyyy to the present time, therefore no gap on CV.
                  This and most accountants are willing to confirm this

Comment

Absolute bulltulip.

Comment

If you're a contractor your CV should make clear that you're Owner and Director of xyz ltd from date yyyy to the present time, therefore no gap on CV.
                      And if you are a contractor who isn't the owner and director of a limited company?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X