• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving to Dubai

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
    "Applicants also benefit from Dubai’s zero income tax for individuals."

Ha! How do you get [most of your ] money back to the UK eventually?
    If you work in Dubai and give up your house in the UK, you can simply transfer it at any time. You will be resident in Dubai.

It's perfectly legal.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if the additional costs of living in Dubai tax free exceeded the amount of tax you would pay in the UK.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        If you work in Dubai and give up your house in the UK, you can simply transfer it at any time. You will be resident in Dubai.

It's perfectly legal.
        Only provided you spend 5 full years in Dubai.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
          "Applicants also benefit from Dubai’s zero income tax for individuals."

Ha! How do you get [most of your ] money back to the UK eventually?
          Having mulled on this a bit. I suspect this actually means that you won't incur tax on funds you transfer INTO Dubai in order to cover your living costs.

The scheme is aimed at people who are NOT employed by a UAE-based company so you would continue to invoice and receive payments into yourCo as normal.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            As far as I'm aware it's 1 year for income. If I have no home in the UK and haven't even visited the UK for 2 years why would I be taxed on what I've earned living full time in another country even if it come back after 2 years?

"What about expatriates living in the UAE for less than five years?

If you've been outside of the UK for less than five years and were UK resident for four out of the seven years before you left the UK, you are what we call temporarily non UK resident. What this means for a UK domiciled taxpayer is that they will remain liable for UK tax on assets they held before they left the UK."

Relocating back to the UK? How to get your tax affairs in order before you go | The National
            Last edited by Anon36; 26 January 2021, 20:52.

Comment

Looks interesting:

Dubai launches new remote-work visa – how to apply

The problem you will probably face is how to invoice your customers from a business in Dubai. You'll need advice from an accountant in the UK and in Dubai.
              I was thinking I would just setup in Dubai with the facility to take debit and credit card payments. No messing around with IBAN numbers etc. The rest of my business is doing one off projects for customers that come in off my website so I take credit/debit card payments for that side of things anyway.

I don't have/do anything in the UK. I literally eat, go to the gym, run my business from my aparment in London and sleep - 7 days a week. I don't own any property or assets. I've got a good relationship with my clients. If i said to them I need to have a debit card on file and it's going to auto charge every week, they will be fine with it.

I just want to get vaccinated first, then i'll give notice to my landlord once I've got the visa and company setup. Once everything is in order I'll be straight on a plane and I'll just bunker down in an apartment that's twice the size as the one I have now for the same money but with a sea view. Business as usual then...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Not if it is employment income.

He really needs to visit a UK accountant and an accountant in Dubai.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Not if it is employment income.

He really needs to visit a UK tax special forex advisor and an local tax advisor in Dubai.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Anon36 View Post
                    I was thinking I would just setup in Dubai with the facility to take debit and credit card payments. No messing around with IBAN numbers etc. The rest of my business is doing one off projects for customers that come in off my website so I take credit/debit card payments for that side of things anyway.

I don't have/do anything in the UK. I literally eat, go to the gym, run my business from my aparment in London and sleep - 7 days a week. I don't own any property or assets. I've got a good relationship with my clients. If i said to them I need to have a debit card on file and it's going to auto charge every week, they will be fine with it.

I just want to get vaccinated first, then i'll give notice to my landlord once I've got the visa and company setup. Once everything is in order I'll be straight on a plane and I'll just bunker down in an apartment that's twice the size as the one I have now for the same money but with a sea view. Business as usual then...
                    If this one post isnt making me question my whole life choices, I'm jealous already and you've not even gone yet.

Comment

Dubai has now announced this. Looks like time for me to pack my bags!

Investors, innovators, artists to get UAE citizenship: Sheikh Mohammed - News | Khaleej Times

Comment

Working...
                      X