• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking me for Onboarding Information 9 months into Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ziggystardust View Post
    So do I have to comply? I ignored them and have since had 2 emails saying the information has to be provided 'today' on different days and a phone message from the consultant
    ring the consultant back and give him a bollocking (express your displeasure) for messing you around.
    If it's really important he'll let you know. He'd rather have the argument and keep you onsite if it's important to him.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      ring the consultant back and give him a bollocking (express your displeasure) for messing you around.
      If it's really important he'll let you know. He'd rather have the argument and keep you onsite if it's important to him.
      This, although 2 mails AND a phone call would indicate he's not backing down so I'd say you are going to have to comply.

General housekeeping aside, if they think you are opted in they should have done this as part of their responsibilities. Quite possible they've paid it lip service and are scrabbling to fix it.

It's not personal stuff so I'd be inclined to provide it... but drip feed it. One ref one week, the next the other week and so on. Enough to say you are actioning it but just not quickly enough to meet his timescales
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        This, although 2 mails AND a phone call would indicate he's not backing down so I'd say you are going to have to comply.

General housekeeping aside, if they think you are opted in they should have done this as part of their responsibilities. Quite possible they've paid it lip service and are scrabbling to fix it.

It's not personal stuff so I'd be inclined to provide it... but drip feed it. One ref one week, the next the other week and so on. Enough to say you are actioning it but just not quickly enough to meet his timescales
        I am opted out. Not sure why they are so hellbent on dates. Apparently it is the client's auditor who is asking for this information. I am inclined to dig my heels in as this is not my problem? They gave me the contract based on the original CV I submitted. So it doesn't make sense

Comment

I am opted out. Not sure why they are so hellbent on dates. Apparently it is the client's auditor who is asking for this information. I am inclined to dig my heels in as this is not my problem? They gave me the contract based on the original CV I submitted. So it doesn't make sense
          Feel free. I can't see what doing that will achieve to be honest but if you think that you've won something when you'll probably provide it when it all gets a bit shirty anyway then fill your boots.

Comment

Just seems like the standard level of incompetence from an agent.

Oh and the standard level of self obsession from a contractor.

Solution: Who cares. Resend your CV.

Comment

It's not even the consultant requesting the information. It's the agency internal onboarding team and today the call was not from my direct consultant, but from a resourcer whom I have never even dealt with...strange how they have needed the CV urgently 'today' for the last 4 days.....

Comment

It's not even the consultant requesting the information. It's the agency internal onboarding team and today the call was not from my direct consultant, but from a resourcer whom I have never even dealt with...strange how they have needed the CV urgently 'today' for the last 4 days.....
                What Mr Button said above.

Comment

//It's the agency internal onboarding team ....

Its very likely that you are contracting with one of the Indian consultancies like Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and so on. Once they even asked where my father was born and what was his qualification...lol

//As for referee contact details, give them the names of the agencies from your last two gigs, assuming you weren't direct...

This is the right approach. At the end of the day you are not contracting to the end client (however you may represent it in LinkedIn) but to the agency.

In my current gig, one of the big names in Finance, all my references where the agency names and I also provided my Accountant's reference. Agent was in fact very happy to speak to the Accountant and the deal was done. I don't remember the name of the vetting agency, but I am very sure it is here in CUK.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
                    //It's the agency internal onboarding team ....

Its very likely that you are contracting with one of the Indian consultancies like Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and so on. Once they even asked where my father was born and what was his qualification...lol

//As for referee contact details, give them the names of the agencies from your last two gigs, assuming you weren't direct...

This is the right approach. At the end of the day you are not contracting to the end client (however you may represent it in LinkedIn) but to the agency.

In my current gig, one of the big names in Finance, all my references where the agency names and I also provided my Accountant's reference. Agent was in fact very happy to speak to the Accountant and the deal was done. I don't remember the name of the vetting agency, but I am very sure it is here in CUK.
                    They're a UK agency. I did all of what you did - initially provided references that were agency names and my Accountant's reference and they were fine with it... hence why I passed all checks and was offered a contract.

Mr Button, it's not self-obsession that I am displaying, just a genuine concern and determination to understand the logic behind their requests as this is the first I have ever had in all my 7 years of contracting. Fair to question, don't ya think.

Comment

They're a UK agency. I did all of what you did - initially provided references that were agency names and my Accountant's reference and they were fine with it... hence why I passed all checks and was offered a contract.

Mr Button, it's not self-obsession that I am displaying, just a genuine concern and determination to understand the logic behind their requests as this is the first I have ever had in all my 7 years of contracting. Fair to question, don't ya think.
                      Resubmit those and your original cv.
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X