Agency asking me for Onboarding Information 9 months into Contract Agency asking me for Onboarding Information 9 months into Contract - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11

    Super poster

    Lance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    home
    Posts
    4,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
    So do I have to comply? I ignored them and have since had 2 emails saying the information has to be provided 'today' on different days and a phone message from the consultant
    ..
    ring the consultant back and give him a bollocking (express your displeasure) for messing you around.
    If it's really important he'll let you know. He'd rather have the argument and keep you onsite if it's important to him.
    See You Next Tuesday

  2. #12

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    ring the consultant back and give him a bollocking (express your displeasure) for messing you around.
    If it's really important he'll let you know. He'd rather have the argument and keep you onsite if it's important to him.
    This, although 2 mails AND a phone call would indicate he's not backing down so I'd say you are going to have to comply.

    General housekeeping aside, if they think you are opted in they should have done this as part of their responsibilities. Quite possible they've paid it lip service and are scrabbling to fix it.

    It's not personal stuff so I'd be inclined to provide it... but drip feed it. One ref one week, the next the other week and so on. Enough to say you are actioning it but just not quickly enough to meet his timescales
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #13

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    This, although 2 mails AND a phone call would indicate he's not backing down so I'd say you are going to have to comply.

    General housekeeping aside, if they think you are opted in they should have done this as part of their responsibilities. Quite possible they've paid it lip service and are scrabbling to fix it.

    It's not personal stuff so I'd be inclined to provide it... but drip feed it. One ref one week, the next the other week and so on. Enough to say you are actioning it but just not quickly enough to meet his timescales
    I am opted out. Not sure why they are so hellbent on dates. Apparently it is the client's auditor who is asking for this information. I am inclined to dig my heels in as this is not my problem? They gave me the contract based on the original CV I submitted. So it doesn't make sense

  4. #14

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
    I am opted out. Not sure why they are so hellbent on dates. Apparently it is the client's auditor who is asking for this information. I am inclined to dig my heels in as this is not my problem? They gave me the contract based on the original CV I submitted. So it doesn't make sense
    Feel free. I can't see what doing that will achieve to be honest but if you think that you've won something when you'll probably provide it when it all gets a bit shirty anyway then fill your boots.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  5. #15

    Fingers like lightning


    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Just seems like the standard level of incompetence from an agent.

    Oh and the standard level of self obsession from a contractor.

    Solution: Who cares. Resend your CV.

  6. #16

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    It's not even the consultant requesting the information. It's the agency internal onboarding team and today the call was not from my direct consultant, but from a resourcer whom I have never even dealt with...strange how they have needed the CV urgently 'today' for the last 4 days.....

  7. #17

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
    It's not even the consultant requesting the information. It's the agency internal onboarding team and today the call was not from my direct consultant, but from a resourcer whom I have never even dealt with...strange how they have needed the CV urgently 'today' for the last 4 days.....
    What Mr Button said above.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  8. #18

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    53

    Default

    //It's the agency internal onboarding team ....

    Its very likely that you are contracting with one of the Indian consultancies like Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and so on. Once they even asked where my father was born and what was his qualification...lol

    //As for referee contact details, give them the names of the agencies from your last two gigs, assuming you weren't direct...

    This is the right approach. At the end of the day you are not contracting to the end client (however you may represent it in LinkedIn) but to the agency.

    In my current gig, one of the big names in Finance, all my references where the agency names and I also provided my Accountant's reference. Agent was in fact very happy to speak to the Accountant and the deal was done. I don't remember the name of the vetting agency, but I am very sure it is here in CUK.

  9. #19

    Still gathering requirements...


    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDataPro View Post
    //It's the agency internal onboarding team ....

    Its very likely that you are contracting with one of the Indian consultancies like Wipro, TCS, Cognizant and so on. Once they even asked where my father was born and what was his qualification...lol

    //As for referee contact details, give them the names of the agencies from your last two gigs, assuming you weren't direct...

    This is the right approach. At the end of the day you are not contracting to the end client (however you may represent it in LinkedIn) but to the agency.

    In my current gig, one of the big names in Finance, all my references where the agency names and I also provided my Accountant's reference. Agent was in fact very happy to speak to the Accountant and the deal was done. I don't remember the name of the vetting agency, but I am very sure it is here in CUK.
    They're a UK agency. I did all of what you did - initially provided references that were agency names and my Accountant's reference and they were fine with it... hence why I passed all checks and was offered a contract.

    Mr Button, it's not self-obsession that I am displaying, just a genuine concern and determination to understand the logic behind their requests as this is the first I have ever had in all my 7 years of contracting. Fair to question, don't ya think.

  10. #20

    Double Godlike!


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Work-life balance nirvana
    Posts
    10,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ziggystardust View Post
    They're a UK agency. I did all of what you did - initially provided references that were agency names and my Accountant's reference and they were fine with it... hence why I passed all checks and was offered a contract.

    Mr Button, it's not self-obsession that I am displaying, just a genuine concern and determination to understand the logic behind their requests as this is the first I have ever had in all my 7 years of contracting. Fair to question, don't ya think.
    Resubmit those and your original cv.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •