• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency asking me for Onboarding Information 9 months into Contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency asking me for Onboarding Information 9 months into Contract

9 months into a contract my agency onboarding team has emailed me asking for an updated CV which includes all the months for all my contracts for the client's 'auditing retirements'. This is ridiculous seeing as I was contacted, interviewed, offered the contract and accepted on the CV version they have. This is the second request following one a couple of months prior to that asking for all referee contact details for auditing purposes even though again, I had previously been accepted on the information submitted. I refused the request after making this clear that time and I never heard from them again about it until this new 'audit'.

I have also been paid late once and had to remind them to only after explaining that I submitted a blank timesheet one week because I was actually on holiday and not because I had forgotten to complete it!

Anyone else experienced this? What are they playing at?

Was it a quick turnaround when you were recruited, e.g. interview Thursday for a Monday start?

Could be that they've done an audit of what files are missing things and yours came up a bit bare.

In terms of cv, send the same one that got you the gig, explaining that you don't update it until you know you're leaving.

As for referee contact details, give them the names of the agencies from your last two gigs, assuming you weren't direct. If they were direct, you could cite commercial confidentiality or give them details of someone in human remains.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ignore them.

Comment

This nonsense is getting out of hand nowadays. If you were rubbish the client would have binned you by now. Proving you worked at company x and company y over the last few years is meaningless now. Due diligence has long past its sell by date.
        As above, just ignore them...
        Back to business!

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Was it a quick turnaround when you were recruited, e.g. interview Thursday for a Monday start?
          No it wasn't. The process went on for about 3 weeks. All required documents/information met their compliance criteria. Hence why I was then given a contract.

Comment

Maybe the agency playing tricks to get you to hand over previous client contact details?

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorScum View Post
              Maybe the agency playing tricks to get you to hand over previous client contact details?
              Yes but it doesn't explain why they're now after just the months of all my contracts. Why now?!

Comment

Originally posted by ziggystardust View Post
                No it wasn't. The process went on for about 3 weeks. All required documents/information met their compliance criteria. Hence why I was then given a contract.
                In that case, politely but firmly state that nothing has changed since you completed compliance with them at the time of first engagement.

Or ignore them first then do the above if they persist.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ziggystardust View Post
                  Yes but it doesn't explain why they're now after just the months of all my contracts. Why now?!
                  They want to get an ISO rating. Audit shows they do not do the necessary.

One previous job(permie) asked for a personal reference. I thought of getting one of the dodgy CUK posters(is that an oxymoron?) to provide but finally settled on a Doctor. It proves nothing - just to get ISO.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    They want to get an ISO rating. Audit shows they do not do the necessary.

One previous job(permie) asked for a personal reference. I thought of getting one of the dodgy CUK posters(is that an oxymoron?) to provide but finally settled on a Doctor. It proves nothing - just to get ISO.
                    So do I have to comply? I ignored them and have since had 2 emails saying the information has to be provided 'today' on different days and a phone message from the consultant

Comment

Working...
                    X