• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working in switzerland , near lake Geneva, suggested rates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    So around 1400CHF?
    1200 would give you after everything about 8-9 grand net I would have thought. A daily rate of 800-900 however is more likely and netting about 6 grand.

So not worth it other than "having an experience" in Switzerland.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Not everywhere is closed on Sundays - many cafés and restaurants have their rest-days on the Monday. General retail shops and supermarkets are close, but for most things you'll find them somewhere - family run businesses mainly and many of the larger petrol stations have shops attached to them. Locals know where to go in an emergency.

Perhaps not down south, but up here in the civilised part of Switzerland, there's a 24 hour emergency beer service.
      Basel's cool <'cos you can shop in Germany by tram>, Zurich is mammon, Geneva's more of a french civil service feel, - wouldn't be for me, but it IS very expensive, and social insurance contributions can far outweigh tax, depending on your residential canton.
      Still a pretty boring country though.

Comment

Boring? Depends on what floats your boat. I'm going to the Basel Jazz Festival tomorrow.

Nice.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          Still a pretty boring country though.
          I don't know, it's got a few high points, and it's flag is a big plus.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I don't know, it's got a few high points, and it's flag is a big plus.
            <giggle>
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

it's significantly cheaper to stay in Annemasse - something of a shanty town over the border in France. I stayed in an apartment hotel thing over there. I negotiated a long term let on it, meaning I didn't have to keep dragging all my stuff in and out each week.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X