• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Never Heard Anything like it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never Heard Anything like it...

Certes Agency have deigned to ask me for "Drum Role" 6 separate references. 4 with dates and 2 (thought spoken) but ended up being email with dates also and working practices on the onus of the referee.

Now, considering the role doesn't require SC clearance, I am quite feeling intimidated here, thoughts please.

Excuse Punctuation but this is all prior to attending an interview.

Thoughts please?!

Wow! Are they still going? I worked through them in 1995/6.

Have you read the sticky concerning references? No need to be intimidated.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
      Wow! Are they still going? I worked through them in 1995/6.

Have you read the sticky concerning references? No need to be intimidated.
      I thought they went bust around 1996 due to business going downhill after they gained a reputation for supplying crap contractors.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by whirlpool View Post
        Certes Agency have deigned to ask me for "Drum Role"

Now, considering the role doesn't require SC clearance, I am quite feeling intimidated here, thoughts please.

Thoughts please?!
        Substitute me, - i can perform all sorts of drum rolls

Comment

Never heard anything like it cont...

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          I thought they went bust around 1996 due to business going downhill after they gained a reputation for supplying crap contractors.
          What do I owe u NorthernLad?

Comment

What do I owe u NorthernLad?
            Your first born.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Certes Agency have deigned to ask me for "Drum Role" 6 separate references. 4 with dates and 2 (thought spoken) but ended up being email with dates also and working practices on the onus of the referee.

Thoughts please?!
              I got friends who are working with Certes at the moment, just a question though is it a public sector role and did they say you might have to go through CTC or BPSS?

Comment

Thoughts please?!
                You want the role + have nothing to hide ? Then just provide them - the effort is theirs to follow up on. And only subject to an offer being made to you.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                  You want the role + have nothing to hide ? Then just provide them - the effort is theirs to follow up on. And only subject to an offer being made to you.
                  Also bear in mind the effort for the poor sods who now have to answer cold calls from agency idiots. The only time I've ever given out "proper" references is when they're going to the client for background checking. I respect my previous clients and will do my upmost to protect them from having to deal with crap like this.

Agencies get my last agent and they can like it or lump it.

Six it a timewasting joke and screams "We don't actually have a role for you", to me - else they'd be far more concerned in getting you through the door and some money rolling in.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
                    The stupidity of it is that they want to take up to six references prior to an interview - but it is Government after all.

Comment

Working...
                    X