• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds restriction on contract role if previously employed in previous six months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmic View Post
    Well if you left on good terms then just go direct? Get back in contact with the manager that way you get your rate plus agent fees. Sometimes the clien prefers direct as the hiring process is reduced
    That's never going to work with a bank. With an SME maybe but not a bank. Getting your company onto the preferred supplier list is too much effort for one bum on a seat.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Some clients have a rule that they'll take the same contractor back but only on the same, or lower, day rate.
      Which can be frustrating if you go back for a different role.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

This reminds me of Credit Suisse & Morgan Stanley in Canary Wharf. Both directly opposite each other in Cabot Square. Staff used to hop between the sites all the time. They used to both enforce if you worked for the other one you cannot work for us for a year policy back in the 2000s.

Comment

Definitely not an LBG policy. I know many people going in/out of LBG, rehiring after break, etc. That said, I've seen/heard some LBG hiring managers being quite obtuse in phone calls with agents about what they like/dislike. So could entirely be the choice of your specific the hiring manager.

One thing I heard a manager being very firm with an agent about, was that they will pay a set rate and will absolutely not accept the agent passing on some of their cut to the contractor. They wanted to ensure they had control over exactly how much each contractor got paid. Think it was so there was no controversy incase contractors compared pay.

Comment

Working...
          X