Sold House Now Buyer Going Legal Sold House Now Buyer Going Legal - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 31 to 39 of 39

More time posting than coding

Quote Originally Posted by Sezbo88 View Post
    Amazing! But he seems to think we will have to pay costs should he win. Will it have to be the small claims court for this type of case?
    You will not have to pay costs. Disregard his letters and don't take his calls. He will go away after a while. You can see the fun from outside. Absolute worst case you will be able to experience a court case and be out of pocket 70. Treat this as fun and don't stress out.

No lawyer will take his case. If he emails you, to take the piss, send him typed out letters in response.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyQuinn View Post
    You will not have to pay costs. Disregard his letters and don't take his calls. He will go away after a while. You can see the fun from outside. Absolute worst case you will be able to experience a court case and be out of pocket 70. Treat this as fun and don't stress out.

No lawyer will take his case. If he emails you, to take the piss, send him typed out letters in response.
    Have you seen he inventory/contract for the sale of the property?

The solicitors doing the conveyancing should be dealing with this and checking what each client signed and agreed.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

More time posting than coding

Seriously taking out a light fitting and leaving bare wires? TBH both this and the towel rails is bad form, the other two issues I'd ignore.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Quote Originally Posted by Manic View Post
    Seriously taking out a light fitting and leaving bare wires? TBH both this and the towel rails is bad form, the other two issues I'd ignore.

I reckon the buyer has gone in, seen the bare wires and the missing towel rail and has decided "let's see what else we can find wrong". If the bare wires/towel rail had not been a problem, the other things might not have cropped up.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    I reckon the buyer has gone in, seen the bare wires and the missing towel rail and has decided "let's see what else we can find wrong". If the bare wires/towel rail had not been a problem, the other things might not have cropped up.
    +1. bare wires would just annoy me as it means additional work or a room not available when all I want to do is unload the van... This is utterly self-inflicted...

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Agree re: light fitting. You have to leave the house in a safe condition. I'd be livid if I moved into a house and couldn't use the lights. At minimum, there should be a pendant and bulb or it is uninhabitable.
    Lucky you're not living in Germany then, unfurnished means just that. That can mean no light fittings, no bathroom furnishings and so on...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Respect my authoritah!

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Lucky you're not living in Germany then, unfurnished means just that. That can mean no light fittings, no bathroom furnishings and so on...
    Just for clarity - that's for rentals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigaren
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere
    Why? I enjoy my delusional state.
    Jeez, and I thought I was deluded!

Fingers like lightning

Have you asked your conveyancing solicitor?

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just for clarity - that's for rentals.
    And sales, in Netherlands they take everything they can, tight fisted t**nts
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234