• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rate reduction for working at home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rate reduction for working at home

So has anyone ever come across the agency/client reducing their rate for working from home?
    (Between 5-10% proposed reduction with immediate effect)

I guess the options are take it on the chin / negotiate / or walk.
    Just interested in what the mighty collective have done in such circumstances...

How much do you want the gig?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I put my rate up if WFH isn't possible.
      Is that the same thing? I think it probably is.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        I put my rate up if WFH isn't possible.
        Is that the same thing? I think it probably is.
        pretty much IME, no commute, comfort <i've a better office arrangement than most client Co's can provide>.
        depends on the terms and the rate. - NMI.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          How much do you want the gig?
          Enough to take it on the chin, but another nail in the coffin so doubling efforts to find a new contract...

Comment

Originally posted by rjoe View Post
            Enough to take it on the chin, but another nail in the coffin so doubling efforts to find a new contract...
            Need More Info, - you negotiated a WFH rate, and now they want to reduce it?
            the Agency?
            the Client?

Comment

I've been hearing these tulip stain recruiters trott this line out recently .. going along the lines of:

Arsehole Recruiter: "I wont beat around the bush the rate is well below £xxxx because its working from Home"
              Heartless Mercenery: "Nah .. put me in £xxxx"
              Arsehole Recruiter: "But .. "
              Heartless Mercenery: "JUST PUT ME IN AT £XXXX"
              Arsehole Recruiter: "Now... they've asked for two references to go along with the CV"
              *hangs up*

Bollox to that .. I want my wedge like the next man does

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                Need More Info, - you negotiated a WFH rate, and now they want to reduce it?
                the Agency?
                the Client?
                There was never a distinction made between WFH or being in the office. I base the majority of my time in the office but WFH occasionally.

Now the client wants to implement a reduced rate for WFH, which has been communicated through the agency. I guess this is because some people are taking the piddle?

I don't suppose it's an unusual approach, just wondered how common this type of thing is and is it fair to generalise WFH being less effective, I certainly don't reduce output when WFH.

Comment

I deliver a professional service. Whether they agree I WFH or client site is immaterial. My rate is for a Professional Working Day.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                    I deliver a professional service. Whether they agree I WFH or client site is immaterial. My rate is for a Professional Working Day.
                    Oh, my!
                    how many tricks is that, exactly?

Comment

Working...
                    X