• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

KPMG - Enforced Leave (2018-19 edition)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
    I haven't had a client that doesn't do this. Embrace it, and take the notice as an opportunity to book yourself something nice
    I've been lucky perhaps as I've had the complete opposite, none of my five clients to date have made me take an extended break over xmas/new year. One (a bank) applied it only to certain programmes/projects, just not the one I was on.

Comment

Great for your non-IR35 status though, surely?

Comment

I tried to predict the one here and got it wrong! So I'm having a 4 week furlough! Client stops on 9th while I guessed 14th. So 14th I'm off to new York to watch the NY Giants as part of my sons 21st Birthday and fly back on 17th - on 20th we fly to Oz and return on 4th. So a hefty old carbon footprint for us!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Great for your non-IR35 status though, surely?
          Not really. Permies are usually asked not to work in between Xmas and new year as well so it's not something that affects just contractors. Minor flag really.

The term furlough is permie orientated anyway.
          is a temporary leave of employees due to special needs of a company,
          So never been a fan of the term. It's just T&M as documented in the contract.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X