• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Setting up Limited company in DUBAI or Emirates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bul View Post
    I' ve got a new gig in Barcelona through UK agency.
    I want to setup a Limited Company in Dubai or Emirates, and use it for invoicing my UK client.

I would like to know about what taxes/others I will need to pay in the following cases:

-Digital Nomad (I am not resident in any country since I have not been more than 6 months)
    -Resident in the UK
    -Resident outside UK

Others are (Corporate tax, dividend tax, social security, etc...)

I've been told that if you are tax resident in a EU country, Dubai corporate tax (0%) does not apply, and you will need to pay whatever corp tax of your residence country, am I right?
    Setting up a LTD in UAE isn't like in the UK. You will require to rent out physical office space. It can only be done in what they designate as Free Zone areas, if setting up in mainland then you will be required to get a local Emirati partner. There is consultation about changing the rules, but hasn't changed yet.

There is a minimum funding requirement as well for a limited company.

If you are interested in living in the UAE, then you are better off finding a permie gig in UAE.

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
      Setting up a LTD in UAE isn't like in the UK. You will require to rent out physical office space. It can only be done in what they designate as Free Zone areas, if setting up in mainland then you will be required to get a local Emirati partner. There is consultation about changing the rules, but hasn't changed yet.

There is a minimum funding requirement as well for a limited company.

If you are interested in living in the UAE, then you are better off finding a permie gig in UAE.
      I suspect this arrangement is for tax rather than residency purposes.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
      X