• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leaving a contract very early

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the feedback, lots of food for thought.

To clarify, adjusting a previous role was never an option for me. It's between leaving it off my CV and keeping it on.

For now I'm going to stick it out and hope things approve.

Comment

Originally posted by TomK View Post
      Thanks for all the feedback, lots of food for thought.

To clarify, adjusting a previous role was never an option for me. It's between leaving it off my CV and keeping it on.

For now I'm going to stick it out and hope things approve.
      good for you. Tell them how to improve it. That's the value add they pay you for.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        good for you. Tell them how to improve it. That's the value add they pay you for.
        Oh, stop being a keyboard warrior.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          My, my. You really do come across as a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Just put it down as a quick project on your CV, or lengthen the end of your previous one
            The former is the correct answer; the latter is fraud.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
              The former is the correct answer; the latter is fraud.
              Agreed, if you get an offer of a role in financial services, you will be vetted/checked, they will contact all previous agencies and ask for start and end dates, any discrepancy will need to be explained.

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
                Agreed, if you get an offer of a role in financial services, you will be vetted/checked, they will contact all previous agencies and ask for start and end dates, any discrepancy will need to be explained.
                Maybe in theory, doesn't happen all that often in practise
                ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Working...
                X