• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dispute over contract terms regarding lunch

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
    No one should every eat at the desk - it should be banned.
    Certainly not contractors and also permies.

Apart from the need to get away from the screen for a short break.
    Or the smell of Biryani that John next door has just microwaved.
    Then its dropping bits of your turkey mayo baguette into the keyboard, or onto the chair and smearing it in.

No, this practice should be outlawed. Get yourself down to the breakout space, if you can't manage to get out and pay for eating-in at Pret (reclaimable!).
    I spilt coffee over my PC on my last contract and was lucky that they didn't charge me to replace the mother board.
    Will not be eating or drinking near my desk in future.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
      No one should every eat at the desk - it should be banned.
      Certainly not contractors and also permies.

Apart from the need to get away from the screen for a short break.
      Or the smell of Biryani that John next door has just microwaved.
      Then its dropping bits of your turkey mayo baguette into the keyboard, or onto the chair and smearing it in.

No, this practice should be outlawed. Get yourself down to the breakout space, if you can't manage to get out and pay for eating-in at Pret (reclaimable!).
      This.

Suck it up, pay it back and make yourself unavailable for that half hour a day.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Since the part of the contract you quoted clearly states "hours worked" twice, I'm surprised you're asking the question. To me that clearly means that lunch is not paid.

Comment

Working...
        X