• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TGC World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TGC World

Hi,
    Has anyone contracted via this company based in Wembley? End client is City Bank but a few parties between me and end client, my contract would sit with TGC World. Any feedback on prompt invoice settlement, contract structure etc appreciated.

Cheers.

approach the parties in between if you can. The more parties in the chain the more hassle, and the less $$$$

TGC look like a body shop who provide to other body shops. So not really a lot of point in their existence except to leach more value out a supply chain that's being pushed hard already. Parasites (more so than the average agency).
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

and with less than £100k assets, they could have serious cashflow problems very quickly if something went wrong. Weekly payment terms only would be my suggestion, paid the week following the work done.
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

OP being very cautious that are is full of Tier 2 based outsourcers many go bust or take the funds out fast so go for weekly payments & also expect to be replaced sometime by a cheaper Tier 2 resource when they can find it!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, will definitely make sure the contract is nailed down tight (weekly payment terms) else will walk away as not worth the hassle.

Comment

Update: Avoid TGC World and HCL at all costs; my experience is they will just waste your time, give you the runaround on rate and contract terms. God knows why any decent company would outsource their IT to these people. Thankfully never got to the point of not getting paid by them, as Lance stated TGC World finances do not look good.

Comment

Working...
            X