• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Clearance and recent arrests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyg View Post
    Not sure where you get that from, or whether you know what the eff you're on about
    I have not been asked to sign non-disclosure or not to share the forms that I have received for BPSS clearance. A quick search on t'internet and the questions that will be asked are public domain.
    If you care to take a look at the title of the forum it states "For IT contractor companies to discuss business and contract opportunities." rather than snide comments
    Malvolio has a point.
    And you're now talking about BPSS, which is NOT SC clearance.

What I will say now is now public information, and available on the internet.

The Vetting portal contains restricted information. Up to Official-Sensitive classification. On that basis it could well be a criminal offence to disclose what you see in there (under the official secrets act).
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      What did you do wrong? If it's related to dishonesty then you are in the lap of the gods and who knows. If it wasn't you'll probably fine. Not sure how you expect us to give you a definitive answer bearing in mind we've next to no detail and as Mal points out, we don't know the background processes.
      Well it was a dishonesty type of formal caution from when I was younger than 16 (minor theft). Have you heard of anyone passing the vetting process at SC level for a dishonesty type caution?

Comment

Originally posted by kmo1993 View Post
        Hi Malvolio,

Since you seem to be talking from experience, does it sound like i even have a chance at work requiring SC level clearance?
        No idea, but it's basically a test of honesty so answer the questions and see. Whatever you have done in the past may or may not be relevant to the role you are bing vetted for - as it says in the sticky, several times.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by kmo1993 View Post
          Well it was a dishonesty type of formal caution from when I was younger than 16 (minor theft). Have you heard of anyone passing the vetting process at SC level for a dishonesty type caution?
          Yes.

Time to stop being paranoid and just get on. I don't see how trying to thrash out an answer is going to change anything for you except make you even more paranoid about it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            Malvolio has a point.
            And you're now talking about BPSS, which is NOT SC clearance.

What I will say now is now public information, and available on the internet.

The Vetting portal contains restricted information. Up to Official-Sensitive classification. On that basis it could well be a criminal offence to disclose what you see in there (under the official secrets act).
            What part of my original question didn't you understand - if indeed you read it in the first place or did you just jump straight for the keyboard? Are you hoping to go straight for SC clearance or do you intend to start with BPSS and Disclosure first?
            "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

What part of my original question didn't you understand - if indeed you read it in the first place or did you just jump straight for the keyboard? Are you hoping to go straight for SC clearance or do you intend to start with BPSS and Disclosure first?
              Well the OP's original post mentions nothing about BPSS or Disclosure. It's not a first then second either. They are different things.

The title of the thread kinda gives you your answer. I'll put it in italics as you seem to like that.

Comment

Well the OP's original post mentions nothing about BPSS or Disclosure. It's not a first then second either. They are different things.

The title of the thread kinda gives you your answer. I'll put it in italics as you seem to like that.

You have a point and in my defence I was trying to offer help under the auspices of Business/ Contract Opportunities (no italics this time). Unlike you, who seem, on countless number of occassions in your replies, to either take the p*ss out of people's posts/putting them down with your illiterate answers/constant use of 'we' (is that the royal We or are you the unofficial spokesperson for the community?).
                Have you actually ever undertaken any kind of clearance (I've held SC but it lapsed and am going through the process once again, hence the BPSS question to the original post)?
                "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

You have a point and in my defence I was trying to offer help under the auspices of Business/ Contract Opportunities (no italics this time). Unlike you, who seem, on countless number of occassions in your replies, to either take the p*ss out of people's posts/putting them down with your illiterate answers/constant use of 'we' (is that the royal We or are you the unofficial spokesperson for the community?).
                  Have you actually ever undertaken any kind of clearance (I've held SC but it lapsed and am going through the process once again, hence the BPSS question to the original post)?
                  SC and NATO cleared in the past. I won't be able to respond to any further replies tonight though as I expect I'll be kidnapped and executed for telling you this.

I like the way you admit I have a point in one sentence and then put me down for posting crap in the next. Way to go buster.

By the way, the illiterate guy is pointing out your spelling of occasions is wrong.

Comment

Yes.

Time to stop being paranoid and just get on. I don't see how trying to thrash out an answer is going to change anything for you except make you even more paranoid about it.
                    It is quite difficult to not be paranoid about it, however, I was wondering, would I need to declare my recent charges and arrest on the form, even though they were dismissed or discontinued? (Currently i have nothing pending against me)

On the example SC clearance form which seems to be available publicly online from the Guardian:

https://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-fil...8Compliant.pdf

It mentions the following statements:
                    "spent convictions may be taken into account where national security is concerned"

"You must reveal all convictions, whether or not spent,
                    under the Acts."

Also on page 14, the following question is asked:
                    "b. on probation, or received a formal caution, or been absolutely/conditionally
                    discharged, or accepted a fiscal fine from the Procurator Fiscal in Scotland,
                    or been bound over after being charged with any offence, or is there any
                    action pending against you?"

I am not sure what exactly "been bound over after being charged with any offence" means, I'm assuming that it means that the defendant accepts some form of guilt for any of his/her charges and therefore faces some form of consequences, this assumption is based off of a google search:

Google: "bound over after being charged" - Result:
                    "Magistrates can bind over a person to be of good behaviour or to keep the peace, any person, such as a defendant, witness or claimant. This may happen where the case involves violence or the threat of it. Sometimes the prosecution will drop such a charge if the defendant agrees to be bound over in this way."

So in my case where I was not found guilty of anything, would I have to mention my recent arrest and charges? And if so will they have any effect on my application or are they looking for actual instances of guilt or current pending charges? And if i don't have to mention them, will they still have an affect on my application for SC?
                    Last edited by kmo1993; 24 November 2018, 15:38.

Comment

Ah, FFS, - give yourself up at the local nick

Comment

Working...
                      X