• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    re "Crystal umbrella is a trading name of Pendragon Consultancy Ltd Co Reg: 11330591" nope, although I guess they may buy the brand from the liquidators

You say "nope" but that's a direct quote from the Crystal Umbrella website...
    https://www.crystalumbrella.com/about-us/
    Scroll to the bottom.

Although...
    Crystal Umbrella News |
    Crystal umbrella is a trading name of Aqua Bubble Ltd Co Reg: 07388678

It's almost like they have two different websites.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You say "nope" but that's a direct quote from the Crystal Umbrella website...
      https://www.crystalumbrella.com/about-us/
      Scroll to the bottom.

Although...
      Crystal Umbrella News |
      Crystal umbrella is a trading name of Aqua Bubble Ltd Co Reg: 07388678

It's almost like they have two different websites.
      they have probably changed their company structures over time, and failed to keep websites up to date etc

Comment

they have probably changed their company structures over time, and failed to keep websites up to date etc
        There are different .co.uk and .com sites but both have the same phone number.

Weirdly enough the .co.uk has news updates from 29th Oct and the .com from 2nd Nov both posted by 'sarah' so something is still working in the background.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 26 November 2018, 12:12.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          There are different .co.uk and .com sites but both have the same phone number.

Weirdly enough the .co.uk has news updates from 29th Oct and the .com from 2nd Nov both posted by 'sarah' so something is still working in the background.
          tread carefully would be good advice

Comment

tread carefully would be good advice
            Get the f*** out and fast, would be better advice

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Get the f*** out and fast, would be better advice

I am tempted to post this same advice in all the subforums, general etc, so that everyone sees it quickly, what do the forum police think?

Comment

I am tempted to post this same advice in all the subforums, general etc, so that everyone sees it quickly, what do the forum police think?
                I'd politely suggest not to.

It's also worth noting that while some things may appear to be strange, no concrete evidence has been supplied/announced as yet to confirm your theory.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Hi

First post.

Just to confirm, I have had a mail from Unity Operations stating that they have entered into voluntary liquidation along with their/its brand Crystal Umbrella and that they have "successfully" concluded negotiations with Pendragon Consultancy to offer the same terms and condition of employment as your existing employment contract.

Things seem to be slight confusing at the moment as the same people seem to be in charge and I await further information about exactly what this means.

In the meantime, I have told the agency who have the contract with the organisation I am currently supporting not to pay any monies over to Crystal whilst this gets sorted. Am not sure where I legally stand for work done in Nov that has not yet been billed (don't want the agency to pay over funds that then become part of the overall assets of Crystal/Unity which could then be used to pay pref creditors etc rather than myself)

William

Comment

How much cash does Pendragon have behind it? It looks brand new so unless they've had an injection of funds they are gonna be a bit tight on the cash flow front won't they?

Comment

I'm sure this is connected:

AQUA BUBBLE LTD | Petitions to Wind Up (Companies) | The Gazette

With Crystal at the moment too. They changed their PAYE Ref recently on payslips but the 'Crystal' branding remained the same. Caused a hiccup with HMRC tax coding. I assume that means the company paying me (employing me?) changed. Not sure how this happened without the signing of new contracts.

From what I can work out, 'Crystal' is just a brand and there are a series of companies beneath that.

Received an email today from 'CrystalUmbrella' telling me Unitum Operations is entering into VL.

Last Fridays payment went through - for the week before. Lets hope last weeks goes though on Friday.

I'll call them tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                      X