• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha26 View Post
    Guys, I’m in real need of some help or advice or whatever. I’m a “victim” of this absolute farce.

They were Aqua Bubble, then Unitum and they’ve duplicated my earnings with HMRC. Which means I’m now on a K tax code. I can’t get a P45 and my account manager at Crystal is absolutely useless. She now works for Pendragon. I’m paying the tax man a shed load of money each week. I’ve contacted Janet De-Havilland and she’s about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Is anyone out there in the same position as me?! I’m going stir crazy!!
    Call Lucy at Contractor Umbrella. She will explain things without selling or expectations.

She has that rather uncommon quality in this situation. It’s called integrity.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Guys, I’m in real need of some help or advice or whatever. I’m a “victim” of this absolute farce.

They were Aqua Bubble, then Unitum and they’ve duplicated my earnings with HMRC. Which means I’m now on a K tax code. I can’t get a P45 and my account manager at Crystal is absolutely useless. She now works for Pendragon. I’m paying the tax man a shed load of money each week. I’ve contacted Janet De-Havilland and she’s about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Is anyone out there in the same position as me?! I’m going stir crazy!!
      I do not know what is for the best; I am in the same situation.

At least make sure you have all your payslips and P60s collected up to make sure you can show what you have been paid; if HMRC need to see proof you can then reconcile the payments you've received into your bank account with the payslips you have and show that you haven't had this phantom income.

I've been unsuccessful so far in getting my tax code corrected at HMRC. It is obvious on the screen to the folk on the phone what has happened as they can see the payments don't add up to the total, but despite their efforts they've been unable to fix it yet. The last person I spoke to said they thought they'd got me a positive tax code (and not a K-code) but when I checked again it was still a nonsense in my online account.

I guess if you're paying a shedload of tax you must be at a new employer now who has asked HMRC for the tax code and is using what they have been told to use by HMRC?

Comment

Thanks guys! I’ve pestered and pestered and now I’ve finally got the details of the insolvency practitioner that’s dealing with it all. Called Opus! I’m going to ring them and find out what’s going on.

Comment

Bobof, I’ll let you know what they say once I’ve rung them? That’s exactly what’s happening to me. Nice to know I’m not alone in this absolute mess!! I started a new contract and they weren’t on the approved list as they didn’t have third party criminal (something or other) certificate! Fitting eh?

Comment

Has anyone asked about pensions?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Has anyone asked about pensions?
              Not as yet. I only had a very limited contribution going in there so it is quite far down the list of my concerns at this point in time.

Comment

Originally posted by bobof View Post
                Not as yet. I only had a very limited contribution going in there so it is quite far down the list of my concerns at this point in time.
                I’ve just been told that Janet De Havilland has demanded that all P45s be sent today. So we’re getting somewhere!!

Comment

I’ve just been told that Janet De Havilland has demanded that all P45s be sent today. So we’re getting somewhere!!
                  I guess this is just for folk who left a while ago like you (how long ago did you leave?). I wonder what happens to saps like me who are still employed at the point that they get liquidated next week?

Comment

I wonder which company this relates to as I was "employed" by Aqua Bubble which is already in liquidation and not Unitum Operations :-). Will see what comes out of this

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamAC1 View Post
                      I wonder which company this relates to as I was "employed" by Aqua Bubble which is already in liquidation and not Unitum Operations :-). Will see what comes out of this
                      I was employed by Aqua Bubble and then somewhere went to Unitum and then somehow got an email telling me that I’m now with Pendragon. Even though I’m not allowed to use them with my new contract. 😂 I’ve been told I should have P45s from both. so it must be the same for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X