• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Crystal Umbrella Gone Bust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samantha26 View Post
    I got an email saying that I’m now with Pendragon and to ring them to sort out getting paid etc. When I was with Aqua bubble and then went over to Unitum, I didn’t get told. I just saw it on my bank statement.
    But you aren't with them? You were asked to sign up with them. I'd be furious someone has passed all my information over and assumed I'm going to continue. Surely this is a clear breach of GDPR amongst other things.
    I’ve emailed Janet De-Havilland and she said she’s got nothing to do with it. She’s just employing ex crystal staff. My ex account manager told me that Janet spoke to Opus and demanded the P45s get sent out. Then a relationship advisor rang me and she said they’re trying to get it all sorted.
    Surely if she has data on you guys then she's got a lot to do with it. She would be ultimately responsible. She can employ who she wants but that doesn't give them a right to your data. If she's re-employed the staff on new contracts she has to do the same with you people? ...without lists of names and contract numbers from Unitum or whoever?

If Pendragon have changed the contracts with the agencys/clients they've got be breaking the law surely? You didn't give authority of the change and a new company will be getting your money that you haven't signed up for? It's like someone said earlier, they'd consider the contracts null and void and there should be no relationship with Pendragon at all.
    So it all sounds a bit dodgy to me. What makes it worse is that I’ve checked companies house and the companies are still active. So I don’t know.
    A bit? Sounds like an unmitigated disaster on every level to me.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It’s an absolute nightmare. I’ve told Janet that I’ll be seeking legal advice and now that you’ve mentioned GDPR I’ve told her about that as well. Something just isn’t right with any of it.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamAC1 View Post

Your other crumb of comfort is that as Atlantic went into Liquidation at the end of September then any monies coming in for activities post the liquidation will/should be used to pay post liquidation costs (i.e your salary/time) before being able to be set off against pre liquidation debts. If this wasn't the case, then you would not get suppliers willing to trade with companies in liquidation/receivership etc. Please note IANAL but having done this type of work in the past that was always the case. If Atlantic have invoiced your client in October for your time, then you should ask/get confirmation from the liquidator that you will be paid for this

William
        Have you got any more info around this? How do you know when they went into liquidation - I got an email from them in late November - but you say September.
        If you are correct I should ask my client to pay the October invoice and wait to be paid... Seems a high risk strategy; but if it paid off... :-)

I have emailed OPUS (named as the administrator in this thread) but had no reply.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by McTrucky View Post
          Have you got any more info around this? How do you know when they went into liquidation - I got an email from them in late November - but you say September.
          If you are correct I should ask my client to pay the October invoice and wait to be paid... Seems a high risk strategy; but if it paid off... :-)

I have emailed OPUS (named as the administrator in this thread) but had no reply.

Cheers
          I’ve also emailed Opus but had no reply. I’m going to give them a call this afternoon, so I’ll let you know what they say.

Comment

Just tried calling their London office. Went to a dodgy sounding mobile phone voicemail service. Does anyone know if these are liquidators are in anyway related to Unitum? Is this all one big swindle?

Comment

Issues getting your money from the old setup is one thing. What are people doing to get set up again and carrying on? Any tricked in to going with Pendragon or have you sorted other options out?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Issues getting your money from the old setup is one thing. What are people doing to get set up again and carrying on? Any tricked in to going with Pendragon or have you sorted other options out?
                Pendragon have stopped answering emails to me after I asked if they would indemnify the client from the Atlantic Invoices if Pendragon re-invoiced and were paid. They did send through a few screen shots showing back accounts and so on - all very mickey mouse, and said they would send through an employment pack - which has never turned up.

There is a little part of me that thinks if my client pays the Atlantic invoice, I would then get paid - but that rests on the liquidator/administrator doing their job - which there is no evidence of that so far.

I think Ltd Co. is my next step.

Comment

Originally posted by McTrucky View Post
                  Pendragon have stopped answering emails to me after I asked if they would indemnify the client from the Atlantic Invoices if Pendragon re-invoiced and were paid. They did send through a few screen shots showing back accounts and so on - all very mickey mouse, and said they would send through an employment pack - which has never turned up.

There is a little part of me that thinks if my client pays the Atlantic invoice, I would then get paid - but that rests on the liquidator/administrator doing their job - which there is no evidence of that so far.

I think Ltd Co. is my next step.
                  I can't imagine how they could do that. They haven't bought the company or anything so how can Pendragon get any money that is now owned by the liquidator? The whole thing is nuts

Comment

Just to make readers of this forum aware.

Bobif has started an interesting thread about a Govt service that you can claim owed monies like holidays redundancy and so on from.

Link to the service is here
                    Claim for redundancy and other money you’re owed by an employer - GOV.UK

Link to his thread is here.
                    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...up-losses.html

It will be interesting to see how brolly employees fit in but worth following up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Just to make readers of this forum aware.

Bobif has started an interesting thread about a Govt service that you can claim owed monies like holidays redundancy and so on from.

Link to the service is here
                      Claim for redundancy and other money you’re owed by an employer - GOV.UK

Link to his thread is here.
                      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...up-losses.html

It will be interesting to see how brolly employees fit in but worth following up.
                      Thanks for the quote. As I mentioned, I posted elsewhere to garner opinion from other folk who are in the brolly industry / have brolly experience - I think this thread due to it's location might not get much footfall except from the odd rubbernecker... (not aimed at anyone actually posting in here!!!)

I realise redundancy might only apply to a few folk - you'd have to have been on the books for at least two years per my understanding, and you'd need to still be employed at the point of liquidation (which hasn't happened yet).

Anyway, interested in opinions and experiences either way. My only previous experience of redundancy was very different as the company still had a very solvent parent co so the whole thing was handled cleanly and very well. I'd feel a little pang of guilt in claiming money from the Govt. for redundancy, but I think I'd get over it...

Link here to the post with specific questions in it:
                      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2605487

Comment

Working...
                      X